What's new

Got a gorgeous button and other stuff at a new site today

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
4,715
Reaction score
6,220
Golden Thread
6
Location
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
6
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Got permission to hunt a mid-1700s home site including the yard and large field. Hit the yard first and most of the finds came from there. But it was tough going in most areas due to lots of iron and trash. There was also a spot in the field near the house where the old barn used to be and that area yielded a few buttons and IHs. The field had several high spots and when I got to the first one Inoticed a fair amount of brick and iron. I immediately dug an early 1800s button and thought I might be running into another one of those early camps that seem to be at every site I've hunted recently. But after that the finds were very few and far between. Only about 3 more buttons in 2+ hours of hunting, but one of them was a beautiful Corps of Engineers. Its in superb shape with all the detail there and most of the gilting. One of the best buttons I've dug in a while. Hopefully there's a whole coat-full of them waiting to be found.
 

Attachments

  • 020912b.webp
    020912b.webp
    89.2 KB · Views: 777
  • 020912c.webp
    020912c.webp
    72.8 KB · Views: 838
  • 020912d.webp
    020912d.webp
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,029
  • 020912e.webp
    020912e.webp
    109.2 KB · Views: 1,067
  • 020912a.webp
    020912a.webp
    328.8 KB · Views: 1,084
Upvote 0
Awesome finds!
 
That is a First Rate find!

Your TE button has everything going for it. Rarity, eye appeal, and fantastic condition.

Congratulations on a Successful hunt. :thumbsup:


Best Wishes,


Buckles
 
STUNNING BUTTON!!! CONGRATULATIONS

and some nice coins too!

Nu
 
You never disappoint, Bill. Those Colonial buttons have my blood pumping hard. The Westerwald pottery is killer as well. VA all the way!

Kirk
 
I am such a fan of those early buttons. Wish I had ground that old close by..
 
That is a fine button Bill, congratulations.
 
Beautiful button. Looks like you had a good hunt.
 
Awesome finds bill just awesome !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom