What's new

Got Busted two times today and Im HAPPY abou it!!

baspinall

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2006
Messages
2,465
Reaction score
846
Golden Thread
1
Location
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

I had the morning to get out and went to a spot that me and a buddy hit only once so far. It's an old home that is deeded from the 1700's. There is sixty plus acres. The first trip we did pretty good finding a few silvers and a 1700's shoe buckle and a couple silver buttons with the original homeowners initials engraved. Today took the cake. First target I dug was the 1925 Horse show pin which I will be returning to the property owner. They were and are still very big in the fox hunts of Chester county. The second find blew my ears out. I dug down about 7-8 inches and out popped a big silver disc. I still had no idea what I found. Thought it was a silver Kennedy half. Knocked a little dirt off and saw this beauty staring back at me :) A 1838 Bust Half. Yes I did the happy dance! Also got a half decent 179???? Drapped Bust one cent and a 1894 Indian.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0387 [50%] [50%].webp
    DSC_0387 [50%] [50%].webp
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,806
  • DSC_0386 [50%] [50%].webp
    DSC_0386 [50%] [50%].webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,805
  • 1328203700077.webp
    1328203700077.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 1,795
  • 1328203706815.webp
    1328203706815.webp
    18.5 KB · Views: 1,802
  • DSC_0372 [50%] [50%].webp
    DSC_0372 [50%] [50%].webp
    123.8 KB · Views: 1,802
  • DSC_0373 [50%] [50%].webp
    DSC_0373 [50%] [50%].webp
    132.2 KB · Views: 1,795
  • DSC_0366 [50%] [50%].webp
    DSC_0366 [50%] [50%].webp
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,808
  • DSC_0367 [50%] [50%].webp
    DSC_0367 [50%] [50%].webp
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,806
  • DSC_0374 [50%] [50%].webp
    DSC_0374 [50%] [50%].webp
    66 KB · Views: 1,799
  • DSC_0376 [50%] [50%].webp
    DSC_0376 [50%] [50%].webp
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,790
  • DSC_0380 [50%] [50%].webp
    DSC_0380 [50%] [50%].webp
    72 KB · Views: 1,792
  • DSC_0382 [50%] [50%].webp
    DSC_0382 [50%] [50%].webp
    26.7 KB · Views: 1,786
Upvote 0
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

wow that half is sweet. what an awesome find.... congrats! :headbang:
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

Excellent finds Brian. Too bad about the nick on that pretty coin. She's a beauty!! I like that mint horse pin too. Can't believe you guys are hunting in PA in the middle of winter :dontknow:
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

BuckleBoy said:
Killer coins!!! That Bust Half is a FANTASTIC find!! :notworthy:


Deno said:
I don't know of anyone digging a Drapped Bust cent in my part of the world.

I dug two Draped Bust Cents while I lived in KY. One of them was right in your area, as a matter of fact. Hill Billy was with me on both hunts when a Draped was dug.

You are starting to get on my nerves. I am just kidding you, but you are getting on my nerves.

I am hoping Weaver or Armstrong have dug one that i don't know about, but i don't think they have.

I hate to think you have all three of us beat on this one. What was the date of the one you dug here?

I would love to add one to the ole display case. I always love digging a first.

And by the way, i had a clue on the NY plate, i just couldn't see it, i will give you all the Y, but i sure

don't see the N. It was a sarcastic question. Good luck and good hunting.
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

Nice silver half! Like mine only way better condition. What is it worth? Mine was about $80. :icon_pirat:
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

Awesome score!!! :headbang: :headbang: Congrats! :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

Drooling over here. NICE FINDS!
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

SkyPirate said:
Nice silver half! Like mine only way better condition. What is it worth? Mine was about $80. :icon_pirat:

Not really sure what it's worth? What would this coin grade with the scratch?
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

If it had the "O" mint mark it would be worth a fortune as only 20 are known to exist. The mint mark would be on the obverse.
The no mint mark variety had 3,546,000 produced and the value if F-12 would be $100, VF-20 would be $135. A coin with a major ding on the obverse like that would bring down the value, but it is so nice I would just hang on to it.
:icon_thumleft:
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

Sweet - WTG!
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

Very nice Bust!

HH,
CD
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

Outstanding find even with the nick!!! I'd be proud to dig something up that old. :) great find man. :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

Great day for you. My best half was a 1859 Seated.
Chris
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

I didn't see any hash mark, who cares? Bust silver would make my decade!
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

looks like a sweet spot hit it hard cant wait to see what comes out next
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

Congrats on the half, bust coins are beautiful. Still waiting to dig one myself.
-Evan
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

Ahh, I can only dream of snapping up a draped bust anything, but that half takes the cake! Nice finds, congrats. jgas
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom