What's new

Got Busted two times today and Im HAPPY abou it!!

baspinall

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2006
Messages
2,465
Reaction score
846
Golden Thread
1
Location
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

I had the morning to get out and went to a spot that me and a buddy hit only once so far. It's an old home that is deeded from the 1700's. There is sixty plus acres. The first trip we did pretty good finding a few silvers and a 1700's shoe buckle and a couple silver buttons with the original homeowners initials engraved. Today took the cake. First target I dug was the 1925 Horse show pin which I will be returning to the property owner. They were and are still very big in the fox hunts of Chester county. The second find blew my ears out. I dug down about 7-8 inches and out popped a big silver disc. I still had no idea what I found. Thought it was a silver Kennedy half. Knocked a little dirt off and saw this beauty staring back at me :) A 1838 Bust Half. Yes I did the happy dance! Also got a half decent 179???? Drapped Bust one cent and a 1894 Indian.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0387 [50%] [50%].webp
    DSC_0387 [50%] [50%].webp
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,806
  • DSC_0386 [50%] [50%].webp
    DSC_0386 [50%] [50%].webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,805
  • 1328203700077.webp
    1328203700077.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 1,795
  • 1328203706815.webp
    1328203706815.webp
    18.5 KB · Views: 1,802
  • DSC_0372 [50%] [50%].webp
    DSC_0372 [50%] [50%].webp
    123.8 KB · Views: 1,802
  • DSC_0373 [50%] [50%].webp
    DSC_0373 [50%] [50%].webp
    132.2 KB · Views: 1,795
  • DSC_0366 [50%] [50%].webp
    DSC_0366 [50%] [50%].webp
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,808
  • DSC_0367 [50%] [50%].webp
    DSC_0367 [50%] [50%].webp
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,806
  • DSC_0374 [50%] [50%].webp
    DSC_0374 [50%] [50%].webp
    66 KB · Views: 1,799
  • DSC_0376 [50%] [50%].webp
    DSC_0376 [50%] [50%].webp
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,790
  • DSC_0380 [50%] [50%].webp
    DSC_0380 [50%] [50%].webp
    72 KB · Views: 1,792
  • DSC_0382 [50%] [50%].webp
    DSC_0382 [50%] [50%].webp
    26.7 KB · Views: 1,786
Upvote 0
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

o man. that nick in the 1838 breaks my heart. unreal condition otherwise. great finds.
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

You definatly Busted.....WTG!
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

Metal Magnet said:
o man. that nick in the 1838 breaks my heart. unreal condition otherwise. great finds.

Yeah that nick SUCKS! Don't know if I did it or not :dontknow:
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

That is crazy digging that bust half dollar! I've never heard of anyone finding one.
Nice work! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

Nick or no nick..............AWESOME find Brian!!!

Congrats!!

Dave
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

Well, scuff or no, that is a beauty. Real nice find. Got to be some more there, only maybe in the 1/2 dime size dept.
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

Simply amazing!!!!!!!!!!! The scratch sucks but it is still a beautiful coin. Big Congrats!!
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

wow Brian!! sweet coins! congrats on the great hunt!
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

Great hunt, congrats on the finds that half is killer....way to go :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

That horse clip is really neat. Would you sell it? I really like it. Thanks
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

Welcome to an elite club.

I know the owners will appreciate the Horse pin and the button from the first hunt.

I would love to be able to do the same for the owners where we have been hunting.

Is this the best hobby in the world or what?

I don't know of anyone digging a Drapped Bust cent in my part of the world.

You just beat my best hunt ever in 12 years of detecting and

for that I say Banner. Congratulations again you dirty dog.
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

Love that Capped Bust half! That had to be a real thrill digging that :headbang:
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

olekyground said:
That horse clip is really neat. Would you sell it? I really like it. Thanks

I think it's cool to and would keep it but I want to put a display together for the land owners. They are BIG time horse people and I think it probably belonged to her Grandmother. A member of her family from what I have heard was one of the the originators of the local Fox Hunts held in our area. They were/are also involved with Polo.
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

Outstanding finds!! :icon_thumleft:
That bust half is fantastic. :hello2:
Congrats,
MM
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

Man that half is sweet!!! Congrats on some great finds :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

Welcome to the Bust Half club! That is a real beauty! Definitely, keep that and give the horse pin to the owners :thumbsup:
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

That bust half is a great find. Nice hunt!!
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

Killer coins!!! That Bust Half is a FANTASTIC find!! :notworthy:


Deno said:
I don't know of anyone digging a Drapped Bust cent in my part of the world.

I dug two Draped Bust Cents while I lived in KY. One of them was right in your area, as a matter of fact. Hill Billy was with me on both hunts when a Draped was dug.
 
Re: Got Busted two times today and I'm HAPPY abou it!!

very nice...congrats :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom