What's new

Got me a little black stemmer

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did a hunt yesterday and found this black point. The material is a different type of black flint than I usually find. I also found this HeartBreaker. I think we all find these. Seems like the pretty ones are always broken.
 

Attachments

  • SDC10996.webp
    SDC10996.webp
    293.6 KB · Views: 102
  • SDC10997.webp
    SDC10997.webp
    282.6 KB · Views: 92
  • SDC10999.webp
    SDC10999.webp
    327.9 KB · Views: 83
  • SDC10994.webp
    SDC10994.webp
    300.1 KB · Views: 91
  • SDC10985.webp
    SDC10985.webp
    326.9 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 0
Love that tool in the last pic! steep sided, side scraper, really a microlith..... You have some sweet material there.
 
Thanks Tom
 
Last edited:
Like it all! You had a good day- HH! Yak
 
Black points are always cool…nice one Rock…what style would you say that is?
 
Great hunt, rock. Nice point and tool.
 
That's a "PPP" (pretty perfect point) rock and really nice material on all the others as well. :icon_thumleft: And yes you're right... I've noticed that so many of the nice ones we find are broken to :(
 
That is a nice find, Rock. Good luck in the future and thanks for sharing.
 
Woodland period I believe. How bout "Little bear creek" point? Its 1.5 inches long
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom