What's new

Got out today

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the creek to see what all had happened since all the rain we had. The water went so high it went over the banks. It moved allot of downed trees and created some new gravel bars. I checked a few but didnt find much. I walked a creek that flows to the other and found this vintage bowl. I looked it up online and it is selling for $35 8-). Just never know what treasures you can find, HH rock
 

Attachments

  • 100_4670.webp
    100_4670.webp
    185.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 100_4673.webp
    100_4673.webp
    157.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 100_4675.webp
    100_4675.webp
    120.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 100_4677.webp
    100_4677.webp
    146.6 KB · Views: 95
Upvote 0
I was walking that creek and got next to a large tree and at the base of it I noticed there was a hole going back into the bank. At the base of it was the water by my feet and there was coyote tracks. I turned around and left. I couldn't go no further up the creek unless I went by that hole. Never know

Believe me rock, that coyote may have just been hunting and checked that hole out for lunch with the occupant. Anyway, any respectable coyote will be long gone before you ever get near one on foot. They are way more scared of you than you are of them especially if you are upright and appear somewhat alive. At least it should be that way, but I don't know how scared you get i guess.
 
if ya start hunting ceramics you will have to change your name. I've dug a few old homesteads and never seen a whole bowl. Very cool!:icon_thumright:
 
Like I said one McCOY ever.
 
Great finds there rock! I use a small old bowl I found in a tree root intact to keep change in on my dresser. I found an old choke knob in the creek yesterday and need to take a pic and get opinions on it. I looked up Gatorade and it was first born in 1968.
 
rock,

Nice McCoy!!! incredible to find one in a bank like that...I've never even found one at a yard sale/flea market! and I always check tree roots, one in particular gives up new bottles everytime the water goes up and down. I had to laugh at you noticing a "hole in the bank" and I hope it's ok to share this, kind similar...
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/bottles-glass/190185-moonshine-jug.html

happy new year!
lisa
 
lol I dont get scared of animals all the time but I dont like walking past a hole where a animal is at unless I know for sure what it is. Animals do carry rabies and I was by myself in a creek that was more like a gully. To high to climb out. Thanks though.
 
You are missing a lot of cool finds by not metal detecting. The best treasure may be from the homesite. I have only dug one whole McCoy and my sister snagged it.lol. Funny how one culture always builds on another. Is that black chert full of white or yellow flakes?

the chert has silver flakes in it so I guess white then. If it ever quits raining and moving the gravel bars I will pick up my MD and swing it for a bit. There is a old home out there but it looks like it might be from the 50s guessing though. I had a instu of the bowl on my phone but I didnt have my camera with me. Ill be going back out there soon I hope.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom