What's new

Got out today

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the creek to see what all had happened since all the rain we had. The water went so high it went over the banks. It moved allot of downed trees and created some new gravel bars. I checked a few but didnt find much. I walked a creek that flows to the other and found this vintage bowl. I looked it up online and it is selling for $35 8-). Just never know what treasures you can find, HH rock
 

Attachments

  • 100_4670.webp
    100_4670.webp
    185.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 100_4673.webp
    100_4673.webp
    157.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 100_4675.webp
    100_4675.webp
    120.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 100_4677.webp
    100_4677.webp
    146.6 KB · Views: 95
Upvote 0
Well that certainly had to make your day. Nice find!
 
That bowl is a cool creek find! :icon_thumleft: I'd say keep it and throw your loose change in it.
 
That bowl is a cool creek find! :icon_thumleft: I'd say keep it and throw your loose change in it.

I had to dig it out and was hoping it was whole and it was. I found another but it has chips on the edges.
 

Attachments

  • 100_4678.webp
    100_4678.webp
    199.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 100_4680.webp
    100_4680.webp
    225.7 KB · Views: 95
Dang that is a cool bowl you never know what ya find walking lol
 
Dang that is a cool bowl you never know what ya find walking lol

You are correct on that. I found a metal pee pan to but didnt feel like bringing it home :laughing9:
 
I was walking that creek and got next to a large tree and at the base of it I noticed there was a hole going back into the bank. At the base of it was the water by my feet and there was coyote tracks. I turned around and left. I couldnt go no further up the creek unless I went by that hole. Never know
 
We found a 60's model Chevy hub cap lol and this
 

Attachments

  • image-2989064240.webp
    image-2989064240.webp
    46.8 KB · Views: 65
Sounds like you are in an old trash dump or house site:icon_thumleft:
 
Sounds like you are in an old trash dump or house site:icon_thumleft:

yes I believe so. there was car parts and glass bottles and glass jars. i saw a glass gatorade bottle. how long ago were those made? its still out there I only have 2 hands, lol
 
nice finds rock
 
Rock,

I'd look around for some old bottles that might be in the area. A coyote ain't going to bother with you. :icon_thumleft: Good luck.
 
You are missing a lot of cool finds by not metal detecting. The best treasure may be from the homesite. I have only dug one whole McCoy and my sister snagged it.lol. Funny how one culture always builds on another. Is that black chert full of white or yellow flakes?
 
Nice job Rock...doesn't matter what era...still an artifact with lots of history...and intact!...good job!
 
...wow, didn't expect that...nice surprise rock! :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom