Got Stampeded by Some Buffalo

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
My hands, ears, & eyes =D
Primary Interest:
Other
Did my first box of nickels with the husband & while I didn't pull any war nickels I did find my first buffalo nickel & then my second in the next roll. Too bad they are dateless :/ But still a first for me =D

IMG_8095.JPG IMG_8096.JPG

IMG_8097.JPG IMG_8098.JPG

Upvote 0

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
MrSchulz said:
Nice Job! I remember when I found my first war nickel, I had accidently unknowingly put it in the dump bag, and had to research the bag to find it :)

I have a special jar that keepers go in while I'm searching so that I don't misplace them. Anyone else do this?

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, the cars ashtray, or cup holder.

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
nickels are strange to me. It is the rare time where you are more likely to find newer coins that are worth more than the old. I don't think many people know about war nickels, but indian head nickels look so different i think people notice them and pull them. I wonder if that will change as the designs ocntinue to be altered. I often get coins in ciculation and kind of wonder "how am I supposed to know if this is real or not, I don't know if this is really a state park 1/2 way accross the country". (-:

congrats on the finds. I think nickels are one of my favs. they pass the time, are cheap to buy in bulk, and are easy to dump. plus it's not that rare to find a keeper (1 every 2-3 boxes at least).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread