Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know. I just priced a pack of only 20 guaranteed grass seeds and was over $100. Oh. You are talking about regular grass seeds. Sorry.
I never knew when buying grass seed before Always look for the high percentage of perennial seeds I think

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
50 pounds for $240.00.
I haven't been seeding or fertilizing for a few years now. There are some very green, only grass lawns that have already been mowed here. I like the chickweed, clover, dandelions, and the smell of cut onion grass.

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Seriously, it is riduculous. Everything has gone sky high. Farmers are taking a huge hit. Middle class getting murdered.
So you make it sound like its only effecting middle class folk us bottom feeders are still goin to work buy same stuff as mid class, what's up with that mind set ?

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you make it sound like its only effecting middle class folk us bottom feeders are still goin to work buy same stuff as mid class, what's up with that mind set ?
I did not mean they were only ones impacted. Sorry if I came across that way. Thanks for correcting me.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
50 pounds for $240.00.
I haven't been seeding or fertilizing for a few years now. There are some very green, only grass lawns that have already been mowed here. I like the chickweed, clover, dandelions, and the smell of cut onion grass.
Can’t mow yet here the grass is just starting to turn green in places...it’s a ongoing project every year.The deer are always in the yard and they love to pull the grass out of the ground and the skunks in the fall love the grubs (the Japanese beetles ) and they rip everything up.
I love the smell of cut grass also

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can’t mow yet here the grass is just starting to turn green in places...it’s a ongoing project every year.The deer are always in the yard and they love to pull the grass out of the ground and the skunks in the fall love the grubs (the Japanese beetles ) and they rip everything up.
I love the smell of cut grass also
I have the same problems down here. But last year we had a new twist. Army Worms. They could destroy a yard nearly overnight.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
50 pounds for $240.00.
Yes Sir I agree the cut grass smell aroma is very nice..From what I see here the homes that have a lot shade their lawns are very beautiful and I’m on a hill and the sun seems to have an effect.We have a well and I try not to over water also

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeez Louise!That,s crazy Bill!
I haven’t purchased grass seed in a few years and was also surprised to see the prices.
This variety works good up here but some seasons we see high temps and dry spells.We did not have a lot of snow this winter and out West now water levels are the lowest in many many years

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the same problems down here. But last year we had a new twist. Army Worms. They could destroy a yard nearly overnight.
That’s incredible I never heard of them..
We have night crawlers these love to lay on the surface especially after a rain in places.They make a good bait for fishing

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I did not mean they were only ones impacted. Sorry if I came across that way. Thanks for correcting me.
Its ok I run across a lot of middle class folk think they are the only ones that are Americans, I bet 90 percent don't put up there American flag or pledge allegance to said flag, I now I do everyday of my life...
I also have to fill my two rigs up one diesel one gas and it kills my pocket book I live in rural California....
Gt.....

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are they similar to a locust here I am thinking they are worms on the ground.
Where are they from and I recall many years ago the locust were very very bad and trucks had these large fans that pointed upward and they would spray pesticides and everyone was told to stay inside and keep the windows closed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread