What's new

Grave stone questions

My uncle told me he payed $400 to have his and my dad's tombstone leveled. That was probably 5-6 years ago now.
I had a guy who owns a head stone company come out and give me an estimate . The our Narcissa stone alone was $1,022 I am not going to spend that much. He did show me that most of these stones are in different pieces . They look like one stone but they are all stacked.
 
I had a guy who owns a head stone company come out and give me an estimate . The our Narcissa stone alone was $1,022 I am not going to spend that much. He did show me that most of these stones are in different pieces . They look like one stone but they are all stacked.
Did he give you any tips on how you can do it yourself.
 
Did he give you any tips on how you can do it yourself.
Yes he gave me a few. I am soon to be 79 years old. He showed me how i could possible raise them with a giant pry bar and a block of wood. He told me in Ohio Most of these private cemeteries could get $1,600 for restoration and such. He also hinted maybe i could get some boy scouts to assist me for badge awards, He pointed out that the large ones were more then one piece. I never knew this . In this one there was a couple of ground hog holes that led to the leaning. (I always thought the large ones were ONE PIECE }
Tamerock I thank you and everyone's assistance
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom