What's new

Gravel bar pics

CreekSide

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2023
Messages
5,839
Reaction score
27,018
Golden Thread
0
Have any pictures of your areas you hunt? I must of seen 5 just like this one but really didn’t find much. Just flakes and one broken tip. It’s been over a month since my last hunt. Some of you already know but I’ve done something to my back which causes my legs to get a numbness feeling. They think it’s a pinched nerve. I’m getting tested this week and hopefully will get some type of answer as to what it is. Idk if anyone has had it before here but the pain goes from my hip all the way to my foot. It started about 2 months ago in my left leg. That pain subsided and went away then about a month ago it moved to my right leg. Hopefully it can be fixed.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5707.webp
    IMG_5707.webp
    1 MB · Views: 317
Upvote 0
I wish we had more creeks with gravel bars. Farming all this thick black topsoil just lets it end up in the creeks and rivers. Muddy creeks with muddy bottoms.
 
I wish we had more creeks with gravel bars. Farming all this thick black topsoil just lets it end up in the creeks and rivers. Muddy creeks with muddy bottoms.
Gary we have lots of gravel bottom creeks / streams here in Missouri and as soon as mid Missouri dries out some more I'm going out to get us some ! :icon_thumleft:
 
There's places along the small creeks around here that look very much like this photo. I've looked around the gravel banks for artifacts, but haven't found anything yet.
When I was a kid I was visiting a friend in Co and we walked Cherry Creek. Very much the same way with the banks. Didn't find any artifacts but we came across a skunk and a couple snakes. Made for a fun day!
 
Cool pics. Sounds like you have sacroiliac problems. I hear it’s painful. I just had a total knee replacement and it’s a b***h! Look forward to getting back to some hunts. Soon!
 
It’s just a raccoon skull, but it’s a gravel bar I like to check from time to time. It produces bison bones on occasion and just a few artifacts but I feel like that’s more on me, judging by the size of the gravel the points should be there. I’m mostly a field hunter so I don’t have a strong eye on the bars.
20211114_222822284_iOS.webp
 
Cool pics. Sounds like you have sacroiliac problems. I hear it’s painful. I just had a total knee replacement and it’s a b***h! Look forward to getting back to some hunts. Soon!
I had my knee replaced in 2018. It has been great ever since. Do your rehab exercises diligently & you'll be up and at em in no time.
 
Cool pics. Sounds like you have sacroiliac problems. I hear it’s painful. I just had a total knee replacement and it’s a b***h! Look forward to getting back to some hunts. Soon!
I just looked that up and yes it sounds like it. I have to call the insurance company today and see what and where I am approved. The doctor I have now wants to skip therapy and do a MRI then shots in the lower back. I’d say the pain level is very close to when I broke the leg in 2004.
A guy at work just had his knee replaced and after 2 months he is back to work. Swelling is still there but he says no pain is present. I hope your knee has the same results. Best of luck
 
"judging by the size of the gravel the points should be there. I’m mostly a field hunter so I don’t have a strong eye on the bars".
That is a great picture Older.
From my experiences I would say your chances of finding Paleoindian artifacts are far better hunting gravel bars rather than fields. Also the odds are in your favor of finding more intact points hunting the streambeds. Looking at your picture I see a bar exactly with the type of rock I like to hunt.
 
From my experiences I would say your chances of finding Paleoindian artifacts are far better hunting gravel bars rather than fields.
I've walked stream beds below fields that I've found lots of arrowheads, and never found a single point in the stream bed. I must not have the "eye" for them there.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom