What's new

Great box-Key date found

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2006
Messages
1,930
Reaction score
811
Golden Thread
0
Location
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello fellow CRHers. Had today off so i went on a road trip. 22 bank stops resulted in only one 40%er. Our luck was about to change.
Picked up my usual 3 boxes and went thru the first one with only 1-40%er to show for it. Expectations weren't very high as I ripped off the top of the 2nd box. Immediately saw a Walker staring back at me and asked my wife to help open this box. Usually we start from either end of the box and work toward the center. She gets pick of what side she wants too. We both started finding Walkers and Bens,then I pull a 1927-s with a full date. What she found soon after i never would have guessed. She finds another Walker and calmly says the year, 1921.I yelled out 1921?! so loud, It scared both her and our 2 dogs. It was a 1921, no mintmark with a full year and no visible damage. She had no idea what she had just found.
Anyway, that box produced a total of 26 Walkers,5 Bens, 5-90%ers,and 8-40%ers.Included with the 1921 are 2-1917 halves, a 1923-s,1927-s,1934,1936,1937,1938,1941,1941-S,(4)1942,(2)1942-D,(2)1943,(2)1943-D,1944,1945,(2)1946,and a 1947.The Bens were (2)1954,(1)1954-D,1956, and a 1957-D.
We're gonna have a hard time topping that one but you know we're going to try. HH Everyone. MM2 and wife.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3073.webp
    DSCN3073.webp
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,023
  • DSCN3076.webp
    DSCN3076.webp
    51.2 KB · Views: 995
  • DSCN3077.webp
    DSCN3077.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,008
  • DSCN3078.webp
    DSCN3078.webp
    56.1 KB · Views: 993
Upvote 0
That is a dream box even though there were not a hundred...that is a different classification. Awesome

-Golden Silver
 
26 Walkers??? That is ridiculous!!!!! Glad the day truned out well. :thumbsup:
 
I agree with Golden Silver, definitely a dream box. Congrats! :thumbsup:
 
What a great box!
Any idea what condition that '21 would grade to? I looked in my red book and see values starting at $165 up to $8500. I'd say that one is worth sending out to be graded.
 
Holy crap, thats AWESOME!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Holy Moly!!!
Congrats on that 21!!!
 
If it were up to me, I would send it to PCGS and have it slabbed!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
I did a quick check in a photograde section of my book and it looks to grade VG. Thanks everyone.
 
WOW, Congrats on the sweet 21 and the other great coins.
 
Mucho kudos there MM !

A '21 along with all the other Walkers; outstanding.
 
Kudos Mr and Mrs. MM2 , wow that is a wicked find on that '21 Walker with only 246,000 minted . Yeah that one coin would make it a dream box then add in the 36%s and 8 40% super box , congrats Ed ... lol btw my heart started pound when I saw that coin damn I can only imagine what you were like when you found it . :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
That's a cork popper! Break out the Bubbly! And I don't mean Sparkling Grape Juice!
 
AWESOME find. Congrats. :wav:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom