What's new

Great box-Key date found

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2006
Messages
1,930
Reaction score
811
Golden Thread
0
Location
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello fellow CRHers. Had today off so i went on a road trip. 22 bank stops resulted in only one 40%er. Our luck was about to change.
Picked up my usual 3 boxes and went thru the first one with only 1-40%er to show for it. Expectations weren't very high as I ripped off the top of the 2nd box. Immediately saw a Walker staring back at me and asked my wife to help open this box. Usually we start from either end of the box and work toward the center. She gets pick of what side she wants too. We both started finding Walkers and Bens,then I pull a 1927-s with a full date. What she found soon after i never would have guessed. She finds another Walker and calmly says the year, 1921.I yelled out 1921?! so loud, It scared both her and our 2 dogs. It was a 1921, no mintmark with a full year and no visible damage. She had no idea what she had just found.
Anyway, that box produced a total of 26 Walkers,5 Bens, 5-90%ers,and 8-40%ers.Included with the 1921 are 2-1917 halves, a 1923-s,1927-s,1934,1936,1937,1938,1941,1941-S,(4)1942,(2)1942-D,(2)1943,(2)1943-D,1944,1945,(2)1946,and a 1947.The Bens were (2)1954,(1)1954-D,1956, and a 1957-D.
We're gonna have a hard time topping that one but you know we're going to try. HH Everyone. MM2 and wife.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3073.webp
    DSCN3073.webp
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,023
  • DSCN3076.webp
    DSCN3076.webp
    51.2 KB · Views: 995
  • DSCN3077.webp
    DSCN3077.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,008
  • DSCN3078.webp
    DSCN3078.webp
    56.1 KB · Views: 993
Upvote 0
You got to be kidding!!!!!!!!!! GREAT JOB LOVE THE SILVER!!!!!!!!!!
 
Just wanted to update this. Brought the 21 to a coin dealer, he graded it as a split grade vg-f. He was willing to buy it for 175.00. We didn't sell.
 
Great find, glad you didn't sell!!! You got the 1921 and I got the 1938d, who is gonna find another Key Date? :icon_pirat:
 
I'm just glad that the reverse was in as good a condition as the obverse. I'm not sure how I would have felt if we turned the coin over and there was a huge scratch or gouge on it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom