Great Conference! Thanks DC

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Wild: I may not live in Ky,but I am interested in your Conference results! How many People? What went on? The Details, please! Pics?

Thanks, Joe

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really hope everyone had a great time and thanks for the wonderful turnout. I was happy to see everyone there(except for Jamie). Now lets go out and do some serious digging!

My hats off to Dorian for the tremendous effort and time he put into the first annual KARRA Winter Conference. I really had a great time and Im glad I was there to help. Once again thanks and it was a great pleasure to finally meet you in person.

Tom

KDM

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I shot 150 pics and will be getting some up tomorrow. DC was a wonderful speaker. I counted 30 people there give or take a few. I wish you could have been there. What a show!!!!

Tom

KDM

OP
OP
wildrider

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
:-X I'll let those in charge tell about it. I didn't actually count. There should be some pix.

wr

grogmug

Apr 26, 2006
Kentucky
I'm pretty new as you all know, took my dad with me...were both ready to buy a WHITE'S now. GREAT CONFERENCE today....very informative.

AnOldPro

Jan 14, 2007
Northern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266XB & CZ6
Hey... y'all...

You were a GREAT audience! The intense interest, courtesy, friendliness and effort you made to be there were impressive to the max! It was our PLEASURE to meet and to serve you. Now... it is my pleasure to play hookey from work today to "recover" from it all. ;)

NEVER have I made a presentation to a more impressive group of TH'ers! What a great mix of young and old, men and women (and one cool kid) native Kaintucks and out-of-staters too, tall and short, skinny and round, "newbies", seasoned hunters, industry professionals... and... SO IMPORTANT.... VOLUNTEERS for our "staff"... we could NOT have done it without your GREAT AMOUNT of eager help! Also... a special thanks to all who made the effort to bring in your finds to share with us!!

Linda and I think you all have the "seeds of greatness" when it comes to your future successes in the hobby/profession/industry. We will EXPECT to hear great things about those successes in the coming months ahead. :o I know you won't disappoint us! Truly a bond and a personal connection was formed yesterday with almost all of you. We are plum honored to call you FRIENDS!

As you get to know me you will find that I am a person who takes a great deal of pleasure and satisfaction from seeing anyone make great recoveries with their detector from my efforts to make them a BETTER hunter. It is almost as good as making those recoveries myself.... well... er... maybe not quite as good as that. ;D

I will post soon about thoughts regarding our next event... will need a lot of your input on that.

In the meantime, "Go ye therefore into all the world... swinging your detector left and right, east and west, north and south, back and forth and.... often!". :D

May all that glitters in your lives (and in the holes you dig...) be... GOLD!

Dorian Cook

sixguns

Oct 19, 2006
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the best, presented, most informative presentations that I have ever had the privilege to attend..... My hats off to Dorian and the effort he put into this thing... For all of you that couldnt attend, all I can say is WOW :o :o :o :o...... I believe I can honestly say that I have met some of the BEST and BRIGHTEST in THing..... The speakers, the presentations...... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! put me down for the next one, and I will pay in advance if need be......

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
I can only echo what the others have said. And what about all those door prizes! WOW. Some of you may or may not know but Dorian spent at least $500 of his own money to put this on for us. I'm certain that he didn't want that to get out and I apologize if I offend him but I wanted to send a reinforcing shot to the world in regard to his committment to help others. So few like him.

Jamie Wexler

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard great things! Too bad I could only attend for the socialization and round table discussion Saturday night, but it was great to meet those of you that I did.

Regards,

Buckleboy

Proud member of the K.D.M.

A

absalon

This was a SUPER conference! DC went above and beyond to make sure that all that attended enjoyed themselves! Met a lot of friendly and wonderful people there and look forward to seeing them all again, either at the next conference, or out in the field.

Dorian..you are a true gentleman! Thank you again for everything that you did for us!

Scott

grogmug

Apr 26, 2006
Kentucky
Yeah we appreciate it Dorian..learned a lot I didn't know obviously. Appreciate you messing around with me ACE to make it a little better, I"m inspired to go out and now and finally find SOMETHING!

JimmyT

Jan 13, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Hello All,

Want to let you all know just how much it means to a new person entering this hobby to have so many knowledgeable people with the willingness to help out. There are a lot of words a person could try to use to express his gratitude but I don't think they would do all of you justice.

Have belong to other clubs before but have never had the Pro's share there knowledge and most of all their time with newbies like this. My words could never express the special thanks to Dorian his time and wisdom is special.

Thanks Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread