Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Met a couple friends on the Cape tonight, not picture are 11 quarters, 3 dimes,8 nickles 14 lead weights, 3 castmaster lures. then the good stuff 14k with what im hoping is a real ruby ring also has too and from initials in script lettering. and a Balfour what looks like 11/20kt and sterling Ship Builders Apprentice ring dated 1935 on one side on what appears to be a battleship and Raft Sm? on the other thinking the sm could mean smith? hopefully someone can help me on what this person did. thanks for looking
kent

Attachments

• ship 003.JPG
    ship 003.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 103
  • ship 009.JPG
    ship 009.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 106
  • ship 004.JPG
    ship 004.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 101
  • ship 005.JPG
    ship 005.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 98
  • ship 006.JPG
    ship 006.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 0
Awesome finds buddy. There are plenty of older shipyard guys still in the area. It should be easy to "crack the case".

Great finds !!!

Wtg on your rings:icon_thumright::icon_thumleft:I love that ruby ring very pretty,,HH:hello:

wicked goldies - what a chunker

Here on the North River in Marshfield was an ENORMOUS shipbuilding operation until the trains came.

I'm pretty sure I read some of that history in this book on Scituate (the North & South Rivers are a dividing line between Scituate & Marshfield).

Scituate (MA) (Then & Now): Scituate Historical Society: 9780738510552: Amazon.com: Books

Pretty sure they were inside the blue circle, but I'm new at this and should be RIGOROUSLY double checked! Blue circle is from (bottom) where Corn Hill Lane, Marshfield dead-ends at North River then north along Union -> Bridge Streets towards Scituate.

Be aware: Marshfield has Corn Hill & Cornwell Hill they are DIFFERENT.

Trivia note: Union Street was so-called because for a long time it was the only street that joined Scituate & Marshfield!

Website is http://www.historicaerials.com

north river map 1910.jpg

Last edited:
Great finds, P12!

That shipbuilders' ring is so very interesting with all its stampings

The gold ring is lovely!

Lorraine

Great finds kent, the ruby looks nice.:leprechaun-hat:

Like the old stuff and hope you find out its origin. Many cross your fingers that it's a real ruby, nice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back