Great Day at Virgin Beach with Leprechaun & Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The tide was in the middle of the day and off to a new start and new area... I had been thinking of some of my older haunts that needed a new visit.... I got a tip and put it to use today. We talked it over a bit, and we both came to the same conclusion.... Let's give it a try.... There we stood in the middle of Gold Heaven and it was under our noses all along...Sometimes you have to stop and rethink areas that need attention... I go by it all the time... Not to many coins here today but I heard that all to good of a yell from my friend Leprechaun... Hey Whydah, I got one... and it's GOLD..... Bang ! A nice High School Ring, and that was the beginning of a great afternoon with a great hunting partner.... and it wasn't over... Then Bang again ...another ring, this time and he had a sterling Claddagh with a red stone... Ok I started to get down to business and get serious.... I was finding coins and some older artifacts very deep, but I needed to score that Gold, to get that Monkey off my back... A few more steps and a not so perfect signal, but I dug it anyway, out popped this beautiful Gold Nugget Ring.... Ok, I am on the board, and as I always check the hole and another signal.... I dug again, only to find a fishing hook in the scoop, now I know why the iffy signal.... As I walked to show the ring to Leprechaun, another solid low tone, and sure enough, back to back Gold Rings... What a way to end a perfect beach hunt, that all started with just a notion. With high tide at our feet... We both walked off that beach feeling real lucky today... Ring 62.JPG September 15 2013 (27).jpg September 15 2013 (29).jpg September 15 2013 (32).jpg Leprechaun.jpg Ring 63.JPG September 15 2013 (4).JPG September 15 2013 (13).JPG September 15 2013 (21).jpg September 15 2013 (26).jpg

Upvote 0

chip12977

Jun 7, 2012
Duncansville,pa
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Whites PI Dual Field
Fisher f2 - sold
Whites DFX 300 - sold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey I found a gold nugget ring just like that this summer, no marking on mine, but got it tested, and it was 14k. Must be a mass produced type ring.

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Hey I found a gold nugget ring just like that this summer, no marking on mine, but got it tested, and it was 14k. Must be a mass produced type ring.
This one is marked....417 = 10K

kladdhunden

Apr 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, thats some sweet rings.
Makes me want to go out finding stuff but its heavy rain here atm.

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YOU....ARE....KILLING....ME! :laughing7: So you found the virgins beach where they made sacrifices to the gold god. Good for you! Really nice looking haul. Congrats to you and Lep. But...one last thing...if this continues, I'm just gonna have to come down there and take away your detectors! LOL

Any idea on the school ring? Local school? Any name inside? Just asking...

Again, really nice gold bling.

Anita

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
YOU....ARE....KILLING....ME! :laughing7: So you found the virgins beach where they made sacrifices to the gold god. Good for you! Really nice looking haul. Congrats to you and Lep. But...one last thing...if this continues, I'm just gonna have to come down there and take away your detectors! LOL

Any idea on the school ring? Local school? Any name inside? Just asking...

Again, really nice gold bling.

Anita
Leppy found the school ring he will have to answer that one for you....

bluediamounds 55

Feb 2, 2012
tx.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excalibur 11 dfx 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds congrats I hunt freshwater lakes everybody with a metal detector hits the swim beach except me sometimes the not so obvious places hold treasure

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Now , that 's what I'm talkin' about!

Great pics and great finds! :headbang::hello2:

Congrats on all those beautiful finds`

Lorraine

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding hunt, you guys tore it up...some really nice rings...congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread