What's new

Great day with a bucket list big silver!

cjon455

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2012
Messages
9,231
Reaction score
11,541
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northeast PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys its been a little while since I have posted, as some of you know, ive been working vigorously on a 2 story addition on my house and havent been out much, needed a break today so i met up with a few friends at a yard and found a hotspot of wheats and decided to focus on that area, came away with fantastic results for 2 hrs, got 3 roosies, 11 wheats, 2 arcade tokens, and the find of the day a 1962 Franklin half, one on my bucket list! :headbang: since my time is so limited this season so far, I hope to have a few more hunts like this!, thanks for looking and hh!! 20160402_084852.webp20160402_084921.webp20160402_091254.webpben.webp20160402_105736-1.webpshiney.webpgroupshot.webp
 
Upvote 56
Great hunt. I'm still looking for my first Franklin. I've dug Barbers, Walking liberties and a silver Kennedy but Ben refuses to show his face !!!
 
Good way to scratch that itch Chris. Wouldn't it be nice to have breaks turn out like that more often?
 
hmmm....looks like I started a trend. ;)

Very nice saves indeed!

Excellent shape too!
 
Great hunt Chris! Glad you got out dude... And that's a killer half. Looked like a lot of fun digging that stuff.
Brad
thanks brad!, had a blast aND it's always great to check one off the bucket list!

Great hunt. I'm still looking for my first Franklin. I've dug Barbers, Walking liberties and a silver Kennedy but Ben refuses to show his face !!!
thanks ed!, before this I only had 2 halves, a walker and barber, now I need a seated, bust, and that pesky Kennedy half to complete the list!

Baby steps I suppose lol
 
Good way to scratch that itch Chris. Wouldn't it be nice to have breaks turn out like that more often?
Thanks dave, you know me when I'm in a slump, man this made my day, week, month, etc!, I wish they all could be like this!!

hmmm....looks like I started a trend. ;)

Very nice saves indeed!

Excellent shape too!
thanks gary!, funny thing is the 1st thing I thought of when I was done dropping the f bomb was the one you just posted as ya just don't see them that often!

Think I can get ya to go pop a bust half or a seated half sometime soon, that might help our odds lol
 
Congratz! I'm sorry I'm just now seeing this, but I posted earlier and haven't been back on. High Five on us both getting a Franklin on the same day!!! :occasion14:
 
Congratz! I'm sorry I'm just now seeing this, but I posted earlier and haven't been back on. High Five on us both getting a Franklin on the same day!!! :occasion14:

No problem!, crazy right? I had no doubt it was a half when I saw the thick rim In the hole, I called my buddy over for the reveal, I recorded it but dropped the f bomb in the video so I didnt post it
 
No problem!, crazy right? I had no doubt it was a half when I saw the thick rim In the hole, I called my buddy over for the reveal, I recorded it but dropped the f bomb in the video so I didnt post it

You could still post the vid. That's why they invented the "bleep". ;)
 
You could still post the vid. That's why they invented the "bleep". ;)

My editing skills aren't very good w/o my desktop computer lol
 
nice one's Cjon. I am sure a half is on most peoples bucket lists. Nice score man.
 
Great hunt Im sure you needed a break!! Enjoy the new addition I wish I had the skills to do that.Good job!!!
 
Beautiful big silver.
Congrats on your bucket list find. I imagine you're still smilin' about that one.
 
nice one's Cjon. I am sure a half is on most peoples bucket lists. Nice score man.
thanks digiron!, I found barber and walker halves, so this was on my must find list!

Great hunt Im sure you needed a break!! Enjoy the new addition I wish I had the skills to do that.Good job!!!
thank you A2!, I kinda wish I just paid someone to do it, I work full time and monkey around with the addition on the side so my detecting time takes a major hit
 
Beautiful big silver.
Congrats on your bucket list find. I imagine you're still smilin' about that one.

Thanks alot garrett, I keep looking at it and occasionally drop it on the counter to get that silver "ping" Sound lol
 
Thanks alot garrett, I keep looking at it and occasionally drop it on the counter to get that silver "ping" Sound lol

That's one of the most beautiful sounds I know. It's like music....
 
I'm still looking for the elusive Big Ben!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom