Bigcypresshunter
Sapphire Member
- Joined
- Dec 15, 2004
- Messages
- 27,124
- Reaction score
- 3,351
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- South Florida
- Detector(s) used
- 70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
- Primary Interest:
- Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
As some of you may know, I have a collection of Great Seal military buttons. This appears to a very shiny Great Seal cuff button but its backmark says MADE IN ENGLAND. Can this be a military button? Can anyone date it? I just purchased it for a quarter at a military surplus store.


I understand the South didnt have factories. Did England make buttons for the US Army?
I later went back to the site and retreived them.
But it appears they did make buttons in England for the US Army. I didnt know that. Why does England make US Army buttons? Did England make buttons for the US Army too during the Civil War?







