✅ SOLVED Guess what this encrusted item is before crust is removed... see who comes close...

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this today at water line...
Guesses are welcomed by everyone to try and guess what it is before I break it out.
I will wait for some really good responses before I remove crust...

Here are the same hints that I know...
tis strong magnetic pull...
a small metallic circular lip is barely visible on raised side... about size of dime...
and weighs 38.8 grams.
was in an area that has swim area close to shore and boats do come in very close there.

DSC00719.JPGDSC00722.JPGDSC00723.JPGDSC00725.JPGDSC00731.JPG

Well... Ill say a piece of gold jewelry.

Upvote 0
something off a modern 1960-70s boat, will you give a 2nd look
halfway through the process
i like your bracelet, did you find it Mding

Upvote 0
Looks like gold band showing above white shell.
Does not explain magnetic draw though...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
pull tab

and I love Dave's wife too!!

Upvote 0
A diamond ring that was swallowed by a passenger on a cruise line then was dumped by the body into the toilet which in turn dumped it in the ocean where it solidified and eventually found its way to shore where you picked it up. A pile of solidified crap with a diamond ring in it..... Final Answer.

Upvote 0
something off a modern 1960-70s boat, will you give a 2nd look
halfway through the process
i like your bracelet, did you find it Mding

No... here is pic of the rest of that bracelet...
bracelet is TAXCO old world style sterling but it has an added platnium or white gold (cant remember) and natural sapphire ring.
Thanks for the compliment on it... been on my wrist for many many years... never take it off.

DSC00735.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well its got some form of iron it it most likely --strong mag pull -- maybe titanium? or similar --silverish in color with strong mag (or maybe a stainless steel item of some sort) hummm. gold or straight silver is not magnetic

Upvote 0
Some kids toy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
stainless steel is silverish in color but so is titanium ...both will have a magnetic pull --- a pill holder box made of stainless steel? or a stainless steel nut of some sort

Upvote 0
only low grade stainless...
Good stainless is NOT magnetic...
In fact if you take stainless to scrap yard... and it sticks...
they pay steel.

that's why they say sometimes or you see sometimes stainless rust...
tis low grade.
higher the grade... less the rust... less magnetic pull.
true high grade is non magnetic. JFYI

Last edited:
Upvote 0
304 stainless is non magnetic,309 is,i think they add carbon to it sometimes to take heat better,i have know idea what you have found though

Upvote 0
thrust washer off a small outboard engine lower unit ............

Upvote 0
It's a nut that broke off the bull pin, which messed up the heifer gear, which caused it to be force-ably ejected overboard off a speeding icebreaker. Probably happened around eleventy thirty on the 32nd of Optober, 2030 -- 20 or 30 yers ago. What do I win if I'm right?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back