What's new

Had A Great Day

Americus

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
3,249
Reaction score
3,827
Golden Thread
0
I checked on one of my favorite fields early this week to find that they had put in seed beds for cucumbers. When they plant cucumbers, they bottom plow. Last night they had a decent rain on the field. I looked for 3 1/2 hours today and was pleased to find these. I didn't begin to look all of the field but I did hit several of the better areas pretty hard.


I really like this triangle. It is perfect and has an incredible point.








I really like the blade on the left and the one on the right is quartz. We don't find a lot of quartz points in southwest Georgia.





These are two of my favorites.











These would have been incredible.








 
Upvote 0
I gotta admit, that is about 6 months worth at my spots. And they would never be that nice, either. You're a lucky guy to have fields that good.

You are correct about that. This is just one of a lot of fields that are good. The farmers who farm most of this land plant a lot of truck crops - watermelons, cucumbers, green beans, in addition to cotton, corn, peanuts, soy beans, etc. With the truck crops they have both a spring and fall planting and with watermelons and cucumbers they bottom plow. I like bottom plowing!!!!!
 
You are killing it once again. You do not often post the little triangles. Like Gator said the one does look old. Hopefully your competition did not make it out. You are the point king.:notworthy:
 
Agreed. You are "The point King". You can find anything. Hh
 
I wish they bottom plowed here or any plow here I should say. I offered to pay the gas if they would plow it and was told they don't even have the equip to plow any more its a thing of the past I was told.
 
I wish they bottom plowed here or any plow here I should say. I offered to pay the gas if they would plow it and was told they don't even have the equip to plow any more its a thing of the past I was told.

You need to move to south Georgia.
 
You need to move to south Georgia.

Sounds good to me. Probably wont happen though. That's a real nice artifact you found. I know you put many hours into looking for them, congrats a real nice one.
 
All I can say is Daaaang, those are some good finds, the big blade is fine, but I like that oval shaped blade that shows sign of heat treating. As the others have said Hail to the point KING!!!!!:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom