What's new

Had A Great Day

Americus

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
3,249
Reaction score
3,827
Golden Thread
0
I checked on one of my favorite fields early this week to find that they had put in seed beds for cucumbers. When they plant cucumbers, they bottom plow. Last night they had a decent rain on the field. I looked for 3 1/2 hours today and was pleased to find these. I didn't begin to look all of the field but I did hit several of the better areas pretty hard.


I really like this triangle. It is perfect and has an incredible point.








I really like the blade on the left and the one on the right is quartz. We don't find a lot of quartz points in southwest Georgia.





These are two of my favorites.











These would have been incredible.








 
Upvote 0
Wow! What an outstanding day in the field! :icon_thumleft:

Your right about the quartz around here. I think I have three from Southwest Georgia. One came out of the Flint River near Albany.
 
Incredible day's hunt! I have a quartz point almost identical to the white/clear one on the right in the 3rd picture!
 
I bow to the master!!
 
I think you really found a good one here is there any way I could get you to post a couple different angles of this guy including how thin and flat it may be? also are the edges smoothed out around the base?

IMG_20150730_190956.webp
 
I think you really found a good one here is there any way I could get you to post a couple different angles of this guy including how thin and flat it may be? also are the edges smoothed out around the base?

View attachment 1193600

They feel reasonably smooth to me. See if any of these help you.









 
WOW!!! That looks paleo period to me. I probably would have peed myself if I found that.
 
Fantastic finds! That's a great day for anyone!
 
I'd say you had an excellent day in the field! :icon_thumright:
 
Thank you for taking the time to take extra photos.
I'm kicking around the idea it may be a transitional paleo called a Cowhouse slough.
 
THAT is a H E C K of a hunt. Do you have any competition in that field, or will you be able to go back and really study it out? I LOVE deep plowing, but it's been years since any fields around here got deep plowed.
 
Nice assortment of tools and points, some killers there.
 
Fantastic finds! Thanks for sharing.
 
What you found in 1 day takes me at least 6 months to find. Great job Point King :)
 
You have had a fantastic year! Happy for you!
 
THAT is a H E C K of a hunt. Do you have any competition in that field, or will you be able to go back and really study it out? I LOVE deep plowing, but it's been years since any fields around here got deep plowed.

I do have competition. I can't go today but I'm hitting it Saturday and hope my competition didn't look it Friday.
 
I gotta admit, that is about 6 months worth at my spots. And they would never be that nice, either. You're a lucky guy to have fields that good.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom