What's new

Had a weak moment ---- Sold my 67 mustang today

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2013
Messages
1,465
Reaction score
1,131
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a weak moment ---- Sold my '67 mustang today

:unhappysmiley: Sold my '67 to a Childhood friend who also lives 2 houses down from me. I'ts going to a good home but, now I'm sitting here in my garage staring at it before he comes and picks it up this evening. I guess I'm starting to have sellers remorse! I've had this car for 13 years. At least he told me I had visitation rights! It's just gonna be hard seeing this car drive past my house!
 
Visiting rights be damned. It's gonna be tuff knowing a neighbor has your ride.
Sorry you sold it.
Peace ✌
 
I had a forest green 67 2+2 fastback with a 390 4 speed. Man,I miss that car! When I got divorced all the ladies that i used to know ask me about it except the one i married!

Wade
 
0503141504b.webp I restored this 68 firebird 400ci- took me a year! Drove it to mid summer and someone made offer, Took it and I still miss it today!!! Now I have a 72 AMX that i'm restoring. Will be driving this spring!!! Don't think I could take watching my old car everyday!! But I have a new girlfriend now and she just needs a little makeup!!
 
I built a 73' model year Chevy Vega into a super street car. And damn I miss this car. I feel sorry you have to see your car close still by. Follow this.....

My Vega was build my me and a friend from the ground up. 2 x 4 steel frame. Narrowed 9" Ford rear end. 4 link suspension. Floorboard completely tubbed with M50's installed. 4 wheel disc completely around. Muncie rock/crusher 4 speed trans. with in-line shifter. Started out with a 283 sm/blk. Then 355 sm/blk. Then a 406 sm/blk. w/short tail 400 turbo competition built for street use. White lacquer paint w/red flip/flop. 1 piece fiberglass tilt front end with push button open/close (+ hood/fender pins). Much, much more also....

Sold to friend at work to put new roof on my home in 92'. Moved to Tennessee from MI. in 94'. In 98' I see this guy at "work" where I work. I ask "Where's MY car"? He said in Columbia in my garage. NOT 20 miles from me!!!!! He hadn't driven it nor did he want to sell it. It was on blocks just waiting to hit the streets again. I couldn't hardly stand it.....
 
:unhappysmiley: Sold my '67 to a Childhood friend who also lives 2 houses down from me. I'ts going to a good home but, now I'm sitting here in my garage staring at it before he comes and picks it up this evening. I guess I'm starting to have sellers remorse! I've had this car for 13 years. At least he told me I had visitation rights! It's just gonna be hard seeing this car drive past my house!

What is going to be hard is watching it drive by to your friends home...

Posted From My $50 Tablet....
 
Last edited:
67 was the best year of mustangs, I would like to get one for my retirement.
then I can drive it to FL and show T_H a real car!
 
His old lady just now drove off with it. I almost cried! I took this pic just before it left my garageStang 001.webp
 
I'm thinking I'll have a beer or twelve!
 
Well SURELY.... you'll be able to afford a 12 tonight!!!!! I feel for ya buddy. Just close you eye's when you hear it coming. :tongue3:
 
Well SURELY.... you'll be able to afford a 12 tonight!!!!! I feel for ya buddy. Just close you eye's when you hear it coming. :tongue3:
Brother, that's gonna be tuff!
 
Last edited:
WARNING DO Not tell me you sold it for less than 7k or I will hunt you down make you get it back and sell it to me
 
WARNING DO Not tell me you sold it for less than 7k or I will hunt you down make you get it back and sell it to me
More than 10k Jeff
 
whew, you dodged a bullet (figuratively)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom