What's new

Had a weak moment ---- Sold my 67 mustang today

That sure was a sweet Mustang and I'm sure you'll miss it.
Until 4 or 5 months ago, I was sure all the great deals were gone, not that I had the time, money or knowledge to restore them anyway.
That was until I saw a couple of friends looking at some pictures of a canary yellow 72 Stingray convertible, with the removable hardtop attached. When I asked my buddy if that was his car, he told me his neighbor was moving and wants to sell it for $6000.00. All I do is work, but my rich brother collects cars. among his twenty something cars he has a 2009 ZR1 Vette, I believe a 2012 Vette, and a 2014 Vette. I emailed my brother the pics and he didnt check his email for a couple of days, but when he did he called me up all giddy kind of like a kid in a chocolate factory. He called the guy with the Vette and showed up in Houston the next day and bought it for $5500.00
I had already done some research that showed the average selling price of a 72 Stingray to be around $38,000.00. He had to push it into his car carrier and drove back to Corpus Christi. The car had not moved in 13 years. My brother called me the next day and had it running after changing the battery and cleaning the fuel system. To top it off when I was around 17 my mother bought a 72 canary yellow T-Top Stingray from a cousins estate. So my brother let my 84 year old Mother tool around Corpus in the Vette. Anyway what I am getting at is you never know what fun you might stumble back into.
Enjoy life. 20140427_170304.webp20140427_170323.webp20140427_170331.webp
 
Don't worry, they made millions of 'stangs...easy to find...

They only made a handful of these...
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0658 [640x480].webp
    IMG_0658 [640x480].webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 135
bmw.webpmy 73 BMW 2002tii. Lots of mods
 
Is that GTO a Judge?
Also, I had a friend who had a Tii like that. He used to always be tinkering with it to keep it running well, but it was a fast little car.
 
Is that GTO a Judge?
Also, I had a friend who had a Tii like that. He used to always be tinkering with it to keep it running well, but it was a fast little car.
Nope - that goat's to old to be a judge -
 
0809141632 (1).webp put my 68 firebird I sold last summer so thought I'd put my new girlfriend on, 72 AMX Javelin! this is when I brought her home,, she is getting a good makeover this winter!I will post pics this spring
 
That sure was a sweet Mustang and I'm sure you'll miss it.
Until 4 or 5 months ago, I was sure all the great deals were gone, not that I had the time, money or knowledge to restore them anyway.
That was until I saw a couple of friends looking at some pictures of a canary yellow 72 Stingray convertible, with the removable hardtop attached. When I asked my buddy if that was his car, he told me his neighbor was moving and wants to sell it for $6000.00. All I do is work, but my rich brother collects cars. among his twenty something cars he has a 2009 ZR1 Vette, I believe a 2012 Vette, and a 2014 Vette. I emailed my brother the pics and he didnt check his email for a couple of days, but when he did he called me up all giddy kind of like a kid in a chocolate factory. He called the guy with the Vette and showed up in Houston the next day and bought it for $5500.00
I had already done some research that showed the average selling price of a 72 Stingray to be around $38,000.00. He had to push it into his car carrier and drove back to Corpus Christi. The car had not moved in 13 years. My brother called me the next day and had it running after changing the battery and cleaning the fuel system. To top it off when I was around 17 my mother bought a 72 canary yellow T-Top Stingray from a cousins estate. So my brother let my 84 year old Mother tool around Corpus in the Vette. Anyway what I am getting at is you never know what fun you might stumble back into.
Enjoy life.View attachment 1112520View attachment 1112521View attachment 1112522

next time call me first
 
man it's been a long time since I had a good toy like those.
last was a 77 vette ( and they are fun)
best was a 61 vette black with red int
 
next time call me first

Yea, my brother really owes me for that one.

On the flip side, he gave me a job and three months later sold his 44% interest in the company I still work for 7 years later.
 
View attachment 1113653 put my 68 firebird I sold last summer so thought I'd put my new girlfriend on, 72 AMX Javelin! this is when I brought her home,, she is getting a good makeover this winter!I will post pics this spring
JrMack - all rite bro! Another AMC - low production orphans are my favorite! Have fun on the resto! I own a '70 and '71 -
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0570 [800x600] (1).webp
    IMG_0570 [800x600] (1).webp
    39.9 KB · Views: 90
View attachment 1113653 put my 68 firebird I sold last summer so thought I'd put my new girlfriend on, 72 AMX Javelin! this is when I brought her home,, she is getting a good makeover this winter!I will post pics this spring

Is that a Donahue AMX/Javelin? 390?
Cool!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom