What's new

Had a weak moment ---- Sold my 67 mustang today

His old lady just now drove off with it. I almost cried! I took this pic just before it left my garageView attachment 1111796

Geez my eyes are getting damp just thinking about it, it's like loosing a pet. I lost my /99 Lightning due to an accident going on 6yrs and still miss the ride. There was nothing nicer than putting on some good tunes and going for a ride, spin a little rubber to feel young and foolish every so often.
 
I know what it felt like when I sold my 55 Chevy, it hurt and it really sucked to see someone else driving my car in town...

Posted From My $50 Tablet....
 
I've had my '65 Sunbeam Tiger for 21 years. I told my kids I want to be buried in it ! I will never sell it. ( although it IS worth a bunch more these days).
 
I feel your pain. I owned my 1980 Harley Lowrider for 30 years and sold it couple years ago. I was the second owner since 1982 and put 64,000 miles on that bike. I took it to Sturgis seven or eight times and it never let me down. On the upside I rode the wheels off that thing and sold it for $400.00 more than I originally paid for it. I also had a 37 Chevy pick up truck that I built over a 12 year period of time. About the only thing left to do was put the grill emblem on and it would have been done when I sold it too. Now that I'm getting older and am about done with motorcycles I wish I had it back. I'm building a 1947 Harley UL which is 74" flathead now but at the rate I'm going I'll be too old to kick start the thing by the time it's done.

Thanks for the post,
Sidevalve45
 
Hello Mr.b,

I feel your pain! Very interesting timing, I restored a 1967 Ford convertible Mustang and sold it many years ago to pay for college; was thinking of that car yesterday.
 
I know what it felt like when I sold my 55 Chevy, it hurt and it really sucked to see someone else driving my car in town...

Posted From My $50 Tablet....
Yeah, I'm going to miss pulling up to a stop light and having people stare at it. It has a really nice lope to it at idle.
 
I've had my '65 Sunbeam Tiger for 21 years. I told my kids I want to be buried in it ! I will never sell it. ( although it IS worth a bunch more these days).
There is one of those running around here and it is Bad A$$
 
I know what it felt like when I sold my 55 Chevy, it hurt and it really sucked to see someone else driving my car in town...

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

yeah but that was back in 56
 
I feel your pain. I owned my 1980 Harley Lowrider for 30 years and sold it couple years ago. I was the second owner since 1982 and put 64,000 miles on that bike. I took it to Sturgis seven or eight times and it never let me down. On the upside I rode the wheels off that thing and sold it for $400.00 more than I originally paid for it. I also had a 37 Chevy pick up truck that I built over a 12 year period of time. About the only thing left to do was put the grill emblem on and it would have been done when I sold it too. Now that I'm getting older and am about done with motorcycles I wish I had it back. I'm building a 1947 Harley UL which is 74" flathead now but at the rate I'm going I'll be too old to kick start the thing by the time it's done.

Thanks for the post,
Sidevalve45
I had a Harley a LOOONG time ago. It was a street legal oil injected 2 stroke 250cc made in Italy for AMF Harley Davidson. I think it was a 1978 model
 
Hello Mr.b,

I feel your pain! Very interesting timing, I restored a 1967 Ford convertible Mustang and sold it many years ago to pay for college; was thinking of that car yesterday.
Yeah, I look back at all the cool stuff that I've had to sell over the years out of necessity, and think Damn!
 
don't feel bad there are a bunch of us out here that hate Fords anyway:occasion14:
 
What I see is the opportunity to find another ride. I have a 67 GTO convertible that I did a frame off restoration on. If someone gives me my asking price it will be gone and I will move on to my next one. Maybe A Henry J? To me it's more the thrill of the hunt. Once the car is finished I'm ready for the next one. Oh yeah, I sold a 65 GTO to get the 67.
 

Attachments

  • GTO 013b.webp
    GTO 013b.webp
    163.8 KB · Views: 125
Ok, this is for everybody. I grew up with classic cars and have sold every one of them. 62 Impala 409, 66GTO, 66Mustang, 57Corvette, 56 T-Bird and a bunch more. All sold now. You get a great classic, you do as much to it as you want, YOU HAVE FUN and then you go on to the next one. There are still plenty out there. Drive through poorer neigborhoods(especially around here) and pick one up easy. Don't look online, don't check mags, just go out and look. Price is always negotiable when you have cash. Find something you like pretty cheap, build an engine, decent paint job, mechanical work yourself, pros when needed and you have a set of wheels you will cherish. But Dad always said that an "old car is still an old car". I outgrew the hobby, gave my rolling tool chests away, sold everything and drive a 2001 chevy truck. If you miss your cars or want a car, get a job, buy one and go for it. The secret to missing is to get another one. Let us know...
 
What I see is the opportunity to find another ride. I have a 67 GTO convertible that I did a frame off restoration on. If someone gives me my asking price it will be gone and I will move on to my next one. Maybe A Henry J? To me it's more the thrill of the hunt. Once the car is finished I'm ready for the next one. Oh yeah, I sold a 65 GTO to get the 67.


don't suppose your asking price is $3500?
 
I'm thinking I'll have a beer or twelve!

You sold a car that many of us could only dream of owning. You need a 12-pack of these:



By golly you better buy a Vette with that cash! Or I'll be sending this guy...

 
What I see is the opportunity to find another ride. I have a 67 GTO convertible that I did a frame off restoration on. If someone gives me my asking price it will be gone and I will move on to my next one. Maybe A Henry J? To me it's more the thrill of the hunt. Once the car is finished I'm ready for the next one. Oh yeah, I sold a 65 GTO to get the 67.

Dude, thats gorgeous. Another car I'd give my right nut for.
 
that beiber or cyrus?
 
You sold a car that many of us could only dream of owning. You need a 12-pack of these:



By golly you better buy a Vette with that cash! Or I'll be sending this guy...


DAMN! That's pretty good Higgy! As for the Vette, You better go ahead and send the toaster strudel kid down because I'm not going to blow a load of cash on a plastic car :laughing7:
 
Wow that's a nice looking car your going to be missing, ouch!
I'd be downing something a little stronger that beer.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom