What's new

Halves? Blaaaaahh - Quarters baby!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
12,256
Reaction score
4,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Woo-hooo!!!!!! Searched another $400 hand-rolled quarters, I actually got one! First one in $900 searched. Pics later! LoL!
I also searched $50 in nickels, for the life of me I don't know why. One roll gave me about 15 1940's nickels, somebody culled and dumped, no war coins though. Last $40 I found several pre-60'z, silver nickel, and I've filled about 10 holes in the Jefferson folder.

ffd
 
Upvote 0
nice, i feel the same washingtons > halves, they so rare... congrats

what year?

hopefully going to search like 200-1k a week to make my goal of a full roll of washingtons
 
d2arcing said:
nice, i feel the same washingtons > halves, they so rare... congrats

what year?

hopefully going to search like 200-1k a week to make my goal of a full roll of washingtons
Found a '62 Washington.
It would be interesting to get an average silver find with quarters, I'm wondering if they would average same as dimes (weight), less coin to search and less to dump. Good luck.
 
fistfulladirt said:
Woo-hooo!!!!!! Searched another $400 hand-rolled quarters, I actually got one! First one in $900 searched. Pics later! LoL!
I also searched $50 in nickels, for the life of me I don't know why. One roll gave me about 15 1940's nickels, somebody culled and dumped, no war coins though. Last $40 I found several pre-60'z, silver nickel, and I've filled about 10 holes in the Jefferson folder.

ffd
Congrats on the Washington. I have a certain dollar changer machine that I use and i've gotten 3 washington silvers in the past year out of it.
I usually only search halves but I decided to go ahead and get a box of everything, just to see what I may find. They're sitting at the bank waiting on me. Got done working too late to pick them up today. Good luck in your searchin! icon_pala.gif
 
I think I'll stick with pennies. $400 in quarters is a LOT of coin to search through in order to get only one silver in the whole batch. That's 1600 coins and 10,000 grams of metal/weight to deal with. If I search through 1600 pennies I usually come up with about $4 in copper pennies plus a few wheats and the occasional clad dime. Our profits are about the same yet my pennies only cost $16 to buy and weigh about 4,250 grams. Plus, pennies are much easier to buy and dump.

Still, I love the allure of silver. I just can't stomach the work it takes to find it. ;D
 
fistfulladirt said:
Woo-hooo!!!!!! Searched another $400 hand-rolled quarters, I actually got one! First one in $900 searched. Pics later! LoL!
I also searched $50 in nickels, for the life of me I don't know why. One roll gave me about 15 1940's nickels, somebody culled and dumped, no war coins though. Last $40 I found several pre-60'z, silver nickel, and I've filled about 10 holes in the Jefferson folder.

ffd

Nice score on the quarter :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Rich
 
d2arcing said:
nice, i feel the same washingtons > halves, they so rare... congrats

what year?

hopefully going to search like 200-1k a week to make my goal of a full roll of washingtons

You should be able to meet that goal. Do handrolls and get bags if you can. I haven't done enough boxes to say if they are worth it or not,but I seem to recall that someone recently got a decent quarter box.
Good Luck
Rich
 
nice job with the quarters
at least they're not dried-out yet
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom