What's new

Halves Today!

Furismo

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
98
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Today I found five 1968 D halves in a box. I thought it was strange that I found five of the same coin, but its silver! I think I can mark this as my best halve days so far :).
 
Upvote 0
Looks like someone dumped a roll of 1968-D Kennedy halves into a coin counting machine and most of them turned up in your box. This is not unusual.
rileyboy
 
nice score!!! i love 40% especially when its not all 1967...those things are the most common silver i find! but hey, im not complaining :laughing9:
keep it up and hh!
 
Here's the mintage numbers for 40% Kenns:
1965 (65,879,366)
1966 (108,984,932)
1967 (295,046,978)
1968-D (246,951,930)
1969-D (129,881,800)

So the 68-D's you found had the second highest mintage of all. It's been brought up on a thread before, and it has held true in my own CRH'ing, you will find many more 67's and 68's than the others. I have only found (1) 1965 myself.

HH,
Legend
 
legend76 said:
Here's the mintage numbers for 40% Kenns:
1965 (65,879,366)
1966 (108,984,932)
1967 (295,046,978)
1968-D (246,951,930)
1969-D (129,881,800)

So the 68-D's you found had the second highest mintage of all. It's been brought up on a thread before, and it has held true in my own CRH'ing, you will find many more 67's and 68's than the others. I have only found (1) 1965 myself.

HH,
Legend

haha..its funny you said that because the time i found a bunch of 40's in a box..i had multiples of all the dates..EXCEPT there were no 1965's or 1970's...I had to google to see if they minted them in 1965
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom