ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still solo hunting in lovely weather :icon_thumright:
Spent 3.5 hours finishing the last corner of the field. The grass was slightly shorter in this area. I couldn't believe I got the 5 hammered I need to hit 100 this year :blob7:
Also started a new area for 1 hour & had a Clog Clasp & Spectacle Buckle. (wandered for 30 minutes, making a 5 hour total hunt)
Plus:
17th C Token
Royal Farthing
Jetton
1.5 Lead Tokens
3 Roman Coins
Tudor Clothes Fastener
13th C Ring Brooch (no pin)

2x Edward I, Penny, 1279-1302 (Canterbury Mint)
Henry III, Cut halfpenny, 1247-72
Richard I ?, 1189-99, Cut Halfpenny (still checking ID, this would be my first & very rare)
Alexander III, Scottish Cut Halfpenny, 1250-80 :)
What a day :o It nearly doubles my hammered count off this field (which includes several years worth of hunting)

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 669
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 675
  • 1c.jpg
    1c.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 673
  • 1d.JPG
    1d.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 706
  • 1e.JPG
    1e.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 700
  • 1f.JPG
    1f.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 704
  • 1g.JPG
    1g.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 709
  • 1h.JPG
    1h.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 733
  • 1i.JPG
    1i.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 728
Upvote 0
Wow - that's quite a load of early silver!! Awesome hunt and a great way to end 2011. Good luck to you next year.

CRUSADER said:
hammered said:
Nice one Cru :icon_thumright:. Is the thimble ally or silver, I can't tell?. Good one on the hammereds, the cut halves and quarters were also made at the mint so that they were uniform. I'll check in my books for when this became common policy, H3 from memory. I love the Richard 1 and the Scotty, I have only found one Richard penny. Shaun says "well done you jammy dodger" :laughing7:

Keep it up mate :icon_thumleft:

hammered
So, you think I hear a sweet tone, look down see an ally Thimble on top, break my stride & get out the camera :D

I know they cut them at the Mint, but I thought this was more common with the Scottish Mints, however, I would not be surprised if other English mints did it as well :icon_thumright:

Say 'Hi' to Shaun7, & yes I was in jammydodgervill :laughing7:

After finding all those hammereds, you probably didn't notice a silver thimble plus, YOU didn't say what it was, probably had silver fever by then ;D. shuan says you have to prove your luck by finding more tomorrow :tongue3:

Not my words

hammered

ps. from shaun hahaha cough ha cough hahaha

ps. hic opps sorry carry on cough splutter

Crusader, You've got three long days left in the year, surely you can end with 105. Anyone can get 100. LOL. Excellant work my friend. :icon_thumleft:

Amazing finds!! 100 hammered is something special. Grats!!

Your corner sounds like those "hunted out" fields, just think nothing is gonna come out, and the bag is full at the end of the day....

Congratulations big time on an amazing day, and on the 100 hammered! That it's a huge number!!

I love the thimble too

NU

What a great hunt. Along with the coins, I'm partial to those thimbles, sweet! Hope next year brings you many more treasures. HH! :icon_thumright:

hammered said:
CRUSADER said:
hammered said:
Nice one Cru :icon_thumright:. Is the thimble ally or silver, I can't tell?. Good one on the hammereds, the cut halves and quarters were also made at the mint so that they were uniform. I'll check in my books for when this became common policy, H3 from memory. I love the Richard 1 and the Scotty, I have only found one Richard penny. Shaun says "well done you jammy dodger" :laughing7:

Keep it up mate :icon_thumleft:

hammered
So, you think I hear a sweet tone, look down see an ally Thimble on top, break my stride & get out the camera :D

I know they cut them at the Mint, but I thought this was more common with the Scottish Mints, however, I would not be surprised if other English mints did it as well :icon_thumright:

Say 'Hi' to Shaun7, & yes I was in jammydodgervill :laughing7:

After finding all those hammereds, you probably didn't notice a silver thimble plus, YOU didn't say what it was, probably had silver fever by then ;D. shuan says you have to prove your luck by finding more tomorrow :tongue3:

Not my words

hammered

ps. from shaun hahaha cough ha cough hahaha

The area I'm starting today (although did 1 hour yesterday) is going to be hard work with just 1 player, that's one of the reasons we needed Shaun7 to help hunt it, I pretty sure I'm going to have a much smaller collection today :P

Thanks for all the positive comments :hello:

:laughing9:

What's a Hammered :laughing7:

Five in a day is great going, and a bonus Scottish, my favourite :o a very nice late Christmas present :icon_thumleft: A good days detecting I would say :icon_thumleft:

The cut half if it's Richard, looks to be of the Moneyer Willelm, there are a few Mints it could be.

SS

Silver Searcher said:
:laughing9:

What's a Hammered :laughing7:

Five in a day is great going, and a bonus Scottish, my favourite :o a very nice late Christmas present :icon_thumleft: A good days detecting I would say :icon_thumleft:

The cut half if it's Richard, looks to be of the Moneyer Willelm, there are a few Mints it could be.

SS

Thanks, welcome back :icon_thumright:

The Scottish one, I'm still trying to get an ID on the moneyer & mint.

The shortcross is WILLELM but as you say can be lots of mints & Kings. But the Head style is not that of H3, I think & John doesn't fit well either. I will keep trying :icon_thumright:

Great finds!!

All the best,

Lanny

:headbang: Terrific pictures. Gives us viewer perspective. You also take great pictures of your finds. Nice work. Happy New Year. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back