Amazing!..........simply AMAZING!
I dont post much,but religously follow this board. I am glad that with all
the research help you give everybody else, the gods of fortune have blessed
you! oh yea, I love them Morgans!

beeper

Sep 23, 2005
California
Re: Happy Happy Gypsy PLUS TODAYS FINDS YIPPEE

GOLLLLLLIE! MS. GYPSY, YOU NEVER CEASE TO AMAZE ME!
What you have found is the envy of millions. keep us posted! and I'm sure you will!
:o :o :o

wirelessworldinc

Dec 30, 2005
Indiana

Great going, I wish I was a little mouse and go to watch you find all that. We went arrowhead hunting yesterday, but all we found was some broken pottery.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Gypsy, I'm jealous >:( >:( ;D ! I can't stop wondering how they got there!? And how much may have washed away during the last 80 years :o The one drawer pull that's raised, like you can put your fingers into it and pull - I've seen those mainly on the tilt-out cupboards where turn-of-the-century kitchens had storage bins for flour, potatoes, etc.

The rest of the pulls look like they were salvaged from old furniture, but why would there be a collection of them? Strange. Tiny little rings, so delicate. And the silver just dropped into the bowls/pitchers? That's too much "stuff", and valuable "stuff," to just have been bulldozed to that one spot unless the modern bulldozer operator was just moving a lump of land out of the way and had no clue what was in it. My oh my!

Can I come play with you sometime?? CONGRATULATIONS!!!
-Noodle

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

You know, Noodle, I have seen total homesteads just rotting away in the middle of nowhere and it always amazes me that no one cared enough to take the stuff out of them. I had a conversation with my mom and she said that in the 50's and 60's there was such a wave of modernization and people wanted to rid themselves of all the old stuff..they were tired of being poor and didn't want any reminders that they ever had been.......People who lived through the depression had virtually saved everything,from re-straightened nails to every scrap of metal made....but when their children began their new modern lives , they wanted washed away of the older stuff...Tupperware and melmac dishes ,shiny chrome and formica,replaced the old...I suspect when they did bulldoze these outbuildings...no one cared enough to take the stuff....or they took the stuff they thought was worth something back ....and like any old sheds or buildings in those days, they were filled with the castoffs of many years...We have a big deal every spring in my town called "Junkin Days " ....anything can be put out on the curb for a week and the city picks it up.....but what it draws, is everyone out,its like a crazy party... taking whatever they want from someone else's trash pile....its just nuts what people will put outside because its trash to them......someone will pass away during the winter and the family will throw everything out.....not even go through the stuff... Yes you can come play sometime ...hahaha.....but that's funny because after seeing what you Louisiana people have been finding...I was wanting to play in your yard!

HobBob

Feb 18, 2006
SW Oakland County, MI

What can I say but WOW!! That's the stuff MD'ers dreams are made of. I'd be twitching on the ground if I dug up a cache like that. Fantastic! Can't wait to see the next installment. Keep 'em coming!!
Thanks for sharing and HH,
Bob

L

lohi

WTG!!! I caught my self jumping up and down yelling and dancing reading about your finds. very nice keep em comming looking forward to see more. HH LOHI

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LOL I can't sleep thinking about your finds. Say check that tin. We have an old building in town that has a celling that is made of copper not tin. That would be money today. Burdie
A major friend now that your loaded. :) :) ;)

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Reading this story again, I am still amazed on the amount of items that you happen to dig out , and we all know there will be more......I have a question? The first Picture of the second time out posts , what are the small round items at the bottom left ? they look to be a Pewter or white metal.... In any case , this is still a great story .....With the ending still a long way away !! :) :)

dgaughan

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2004
east northport ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 5 Garrett ace 350

truly amazing finds I like the pitcher with the windmill and of course the coins. please keep us updated with your continuing adventures hh

dylan

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Seeker....the little round things are dresser pulls...I flipped one of the rings up to show how it works...they are very heavy and a deep bronze like material ....
Birdie....Thanks for the PM on the Atwoods Bitter bottle ...that was just great....and I am not loaded...just loaded down...
Ashleen...I dont know what that rock is...it was with the tan jar...really a bright soft pink that doesnt show well in the picture
The tin is really rusted...crunchy with lots of holes...but some of the under stuff is fine...dont worry ...I have plans for the metal also!!! ;) The door handle is just beautiful and I have found the entire two peice set now...have plans for that too!
And thanks to Mona Lisa and Maureen and all the girls in this forum who offered to come and hold the rope while I go down....and pull me back up ....you are all welcome to join me anytime......we need an winch...LOL
The spittoon is RR and marked Roseville..really hard to read...The swatsika I am pretty sure was a line from Redwing...meaning Peace and Good fortune...The little brown handle jug...Akron Ohio.....I havent found the windmill one yet...That long handled wood piece in the second set...I dont have a clue ...unless some type of saw blade was in it..??? And the straightedge razors have PAKISTA on them I think...really worn right there and hard to read....any clues??? They are dark green and burgandy mottled in color.
I am going to try and concentrate my efforts under that tree....got a better peice of screen to sift with and will try this week...will take detector this time...but will go haywire near all the metal....going to take a disposable camera with...if I go through the ice dont want to ruin the good one ..LOL...and you are all correct...I am still doing the gypsy jig...cha cha cha

treasures4me2find

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2005
Murphy, N.C.

Way to go Gypsy, looks like you had a GREAT day detecting and searching. Very nice looking coins and bottles. Congrats on all your finds.

Ken

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

For Christ sakes Gypsy, go to Wally World and get you one of those little garden mats to put your knees on while digging! They are light weight and will save you lots of grief if you kneel down on a nail or piece of sharp tin. Excellent finds by the way. Only the best finds get an EXCELLENT! Monty

fishboymike

Jul 21, 2005
Athens, GA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 pro

Gypsy, This is my 1st response on treasurenet, You always have something good to say and that is appreciated, your finds are an inspiration to everyone Im originally from MI but live in FL now most of my hunting is 15-1/2 on the way to and from work, and Ive done pretty good. I have 2 words for you, I guess three "FLAT BOTTOM BOAT" all summer long. Thanks again for being you, Mike

GabbyGEP

Mar 30, 2005
Platteville, Colorado

Gypsyheart

The long wooden piece in the first picture of set 2 looks like it could be an ice auger handle or perhaps an old auger drill handle for wood.

Nice finds. You have given so much help to many on their finds that it is about time we return the favors. Thanks for sharing.

Good luck and Happy Hunting.

GabbyGEP(Gaylord)

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia

Yep, the wood piece is an old auger handle, probably a beam auger handle.

The knives probably said "PAKISTAN".

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300

first let me say AWESOME i love antiques... especially the jugs and pitchers at first i was thinking you need a pontoon boat this summer but i like fishboy's idea of a flat bottom boat better. they are light you can drag them up on shore with you. dont give up until the dump gives out there are sure to be lots more great finds. good luck and be careful

Cheryl

Nov 28, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Gypsy, this is so cool!! I am happy for you. Looking forward to seeing what else you find there.

(I appreciated your replies when I first started posting about getting a metal detector for Christmas.)
HH
Cheryl

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just has to do it...........100 Hits not bad...........and again Congrats on an Excellent site......and finds............. :o :o :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread