Hard rock prospecting

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Getting Senile on where you left what?? or is it the Heat out there mang?? STAY COOL and stay SAFE! good to hear your at it tho!

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've had my run-ins with the african bees in the bush and have been chased (must have ran almost a mile before they gave up one time) but finally came up with a effective weapon of my own. Was prospecting through the thick scrub oak and red shank when I stepped on one of their nests(you know they love to hive in old squirrel/snake holes) and the chase was on again. Dropped my detector, my pack, put the wind to my face and took off. I have a pouch on my belt with two of those flea bombs in it (tapped together) and while crashing through the bushes I pulled them out and popped'em both at the same time(on the bottom of my boot) putting out a toxic smoke screen behind me. Well, I didn't have to run far before realizing I was alone and that the little bast**ds that were not killed outright in the gas cloud had broke off the chase. Only had to do it once but it worked.

Last edited:

nuggeteer

Jun 7, 2013
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I've had my run-ins with the african bees in the bush and have been chased (must have ran almost a mile before they gave up one time) but finally came up with a effective weapon of my own. Was prospecting through the thick scrub oak and red shank when I stepped on one of their nests(you know they love to hive in old squirrel/snake holes) and the chase was on again. Dropped my detector, my pack, put the wind to my face and took off. I have a pouch on my belt with two of those flea bombs in it (tapped together) and while crashing through the bushes I pulled them out and popped'em both at the same time(on the bottom of my boot) putting out a toxic smoke screen behind me. Well, I didn't have to run far before realizing I was alone and that the little bast**ds that were not killed outright in the gas cloud had broke off the chase. Only had to do it once but it worked.

Whoa! Hard Prospector, I got stung 3 times yesterday while detecting and dropped my pick, trowel, and gloves on the run. Now I need to make a special trip back just to get my gear... I'm really dreading it.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been stung over half dozen times on one run, I know your pain. The flea bombs seem to give some means to fight back when their trying to run my ass down. Now if I could just come up with an effective way to keep the ticks from crawling all over me.

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Been stung over half dozen times on one run, I know your pain. The flea bombs seem to give some means to fight back when their trying to run my ass down. Now if I could just come up with an effective way to keep the ticks from crawling all over me.

Those dadgum bees ran us off again today, if I had to deal with ticks id probably quit!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fotunatly they aren't bad out here, not enough critters out here for them to live off I guess?

my buddy called orcan man on the bees, tried to get him come out to the bush to remove them, he laughed at him. bee carful out there them suckers can kill ya.

Herb..................

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Whoa! Hard Prospector, I got stung 3 times yesterday while detecting and dropped my pick, trowel, and gloves on the run. Now I need to make a special trip back just to get my gear... I'm really dreading it.

are those the Africanized type up there ?
I have had leave my jack hammer, generator detector and gold because of those little SOBs, had to wait till dark and go back and get my gear.

apparently bees don't like the bats..............

nuggeteer

Jun 7, 2013
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
are those the Africanized type up there ?
I have had leave my jack hammer, generator detector and gold because of those little SOBs, had to wait till dark and go back and get my gear.

apparently bees don't like the bats..............

The ones that got me were the yellow jacket wasps. They were at the entrance of an old mine adit into a large quartz vein. From what I understand, the Africanized bees haven't made it up here... yet.

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The ones that got me were the yellow jacket wasps. They were at the entrance of an old mine adit into a large quartz vein. From what I understand, the Africanized bees haven't made it up here... yet.

Got into those bad boys a few time when I lived in Texas !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread