Has anyone compared a Tesoro Vaquero and MXT Pro at finding silver?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is another Ford or Chevy question Bobby. :occasion14:

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't tried them, but from what I read they are both excellent detectors. Depends on if you want a display or not. I would say both detectors are extremely capable. If you don't need a display, the Vaquero for the price would be a great set-up. I like Tesoro's, but if I did decide to get a detector with a display it would hands down be the MXT Pro. That being said, I am going to get the Vaquero just because of the price difference.

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Vaquero at the moment, but I can't learn it's language and its been 2 years. I use an eagle spectrum at the moment and have found silver almost every time I go out. I think the MXT Pro would be a nice upgrade

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a Vaquero at the moment, but I can't learn it's language and its been 2 years. I use an eagle spectrum at the moment and have found silver almost every time I go out. I think the MXT Pro would be a nice upgrade

Go for it!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since silver is very conductive even Bounty Hunters can find silver coins. Sorry guys, I had to say it. :laughing7:

Both these detector will have no trouble finding silver coins. Even the older detectors like the VLF/TR's and BFO's found lots of silver coins. This was before screens.

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bobby, take your Vaquero and turn the discriminate up just past tab. That will eliminate most trash and you will be cherry picking coins. Doing this you will learn the language better and quicker by learning what good signals on coins sound like. Most people do just the opposite and this is a mistake. Once you learn the sound of a good target, THEN you can start to turn disc. down to here what trash sounds like and will know what trash sounds like. It's easier to learn the sound of a good signal first. Doing it this way gives less frustration and makes the learning process easier. With disc turned up you may get a lot cracks and chirps if you are in a trashy area. Don't worry about this, you will know when you hit a coin. Try this and you will find the Vaq. is all you need.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread