What's new

Has anyone ever dived at cabelas? Gander mountain? Bass pro?

Mifarmer

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2014
Messages
254
Reaction score
448
Golden Thread
0
Location
Barry county
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO x2 XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just thinking of this, just wondered if anyone has ever been to one of these places. Any good scores?
 
Might be a good place to dive, but only one of those stores near me, and it's over 2 hours away! :BangHead:
 
I am about 10 minutes from Cabelas, but id be willing to bet they have compactors. Ill check next time I am over there.
 
Somewhat unrelated, but in the early 2000s, my graveyard shift job periodically took me to an area of south San Diego county where I would make the occasional pitstop at the dumpster behind the Camelbak warehouse. Based on what I found, it seems employees were instructed to destroy packs with a razor blade before discarding them. Some were probably customer returns, as they'd have a bad zipper or split seam. Others didn't have any apparent flaws other than the aforementioned razor slashes. Even still, I did manage to pull quite a few decent packs out of that dumpster over a 12-18 month period, including the Camelbak Motherlode I still use today. I guess some employees were lazy or just didn't bother with the razor.
 
Doubtful that you can gain access to those dumpsters, they are only accessible from inside the stores.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom