Has anyone tried a Detech EDS Detector?

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The new U.K. price is £899 sterling which a few have suggested is rather high for such a basic detector (no fancy screens or multifrequency). Take into account that it comes with two SEF coils (9" and 12") and it doesn't seem to bad for the performance it delivers. The decider on whether to get one should be based on your own detecting needs. For those who use or like a Tesoro type detector its a great detector and doesn't need any gimmicks as the purity of the target response will tell you if you should dig or not.

There's a air test report v the other main detector brands on the web. Not as good as in ground but does give an indication of its performance and the others detector results are all in air as well. This is one I'm considering myself and I don't like parting with money !

OP
OP
P

possumpancake

Tenderfoot
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
who sells it?

Their website shows 2 distributors, but neither carry them. Im hitting a dead end trying to get more info.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive just checked around and Joan Allen Metal Detectors in the U.K. do have some left in stock and there's a link to a field test which might be of interest to you.

OP
OP
P

possumpancake

Tenderfoot
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I checked out the field test.

According to this run, he pulled out a few silver coins at 6 inch depths. That does not sound impressive... but....maybe the UK has bad soil, or the hammereds are extrememly small???? What am i missing here?
thanks.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't get the report to load so had to borrow the magazine. I would not worry to much about the depths quoted, more important is that it was pulling out hammered silver that all the other machines had missed. The coins are about the size of a one cent U.S. coin but much thinner. Many detectors would indicate them as foil.

In general the U.K. has less mineralisation than the U.S. but three thousand odd years of iron losses from fragments to chunks of broken plough add their own problems.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got a more serious go with a EDS and was a little disappointed. Not compared to the performance of most other detectors but in view of its price point and there has been one price drop already. When I can get to try another I'll do a full report. You never know if you are trying a lemon. They do happen with all brands at times.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread