this is the deepest no question any more ,its a total wipeout

goodmore

Nov 12, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX / XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been reading all the threads about this detector with intrigue.

It is fascinating, but deep is not deep unless the detector is stable.

And some form of target ID is required. I don't want to dig two feet for jar lid.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Deus is not that deep a detector but on the other hand I've been on a site where the Blisstool didn't cope well and the XP did. Blisstool have been out for a few years now and the build quality was poor compared to other Eastern block detectors such as the Golden Mask but things have been improving.

Chatter can be a problem and the strictly hobby user won't like the lack of meter or audio I.D. For those who like "beep and dig" Tesoro style detecting they are deep machines. I just wish we could have proper tests online. There's no way to know just how much the fact they have dug a hole in iron soil to bury the target has affected the performance figures. I've used detectors that will I.D. a good target in these conditions with nothing in the hole just because the soil matrix has been broken.

OP
OP
B

bingbong

Jun 23, 2011
london UK
Gary hasnt been aproached yet so he says .
the youtube video comparison shows it IDing a horseshoe at 16 inches as a dud signal and a good signal on a shilling.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only tried the LTC48X but it seems they have tweaked up the depth on the 64X at the expense of some Roman coils (but what else?). Seems they are all developments of the Enigma detector which is a souped up Fisher 1235 circuit. Could account for why they are so much like the old Fisher 1266.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
13" on a freshly planted coin is Impressive to say the least.

But the detector would need to be very stable .
I Wouldn't want to dig holes that deep
and start wondeing if it was ground noise,
or edge of a square nail

I Do that on occasion as it is, & it's irritating.

They should send me a sample to try here ;D

Seriously though, I think when talking those depths,
they should have Realtime Video XRay ability.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems the guy with the Deus in the video is now selling it and getting the Blisstool. We did a test at the weekend on my buried hoard (I kilo of buried copper and silver coins at three feet) and the Deus with the new large coil couldn't locate it. Admittedly it was raining and the ground was soaked but my old Nautilus could locate it with its ten inch coil (all metal, no discrim. signal).
Unfortunately the guy who was supposed to come with his Blisstool chickened out due to the weather but it will be interesting to see how it does perform when I can get him over.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U.K. Brian said:
Seems the guy with the Deus in the video is now selling it and getting the Blisstool. We did a test at the weekend on my buried hoard (I kilo of buried copper and silver coins at three feet) and the Deus with the new large coil couldn't locate it. Admittedly it was raining and the ground was soaked but my old Nautilus could locate it with its ten inch coil (all metal, no discrim. signal).
Unfortunately the guy who was supposed to come with his Blisstool chickened out due to the weather but it will be interesting to see how it does perform when I can get him over.

I Have no Doubt My Soverign/WOT would in Disc Mode.
Especially in Wet ground.
I Can get 12oz Iron beer cans that depth in disc

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The European problem is that the good sites have tons of iron (in use for three thousand years) and other rubbish so with say a 15" coil you would spend most of your time with two or three items under the coil at any one time. In general I don't really want to use anything thats over 12 inches and prefer to use much smaller.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At present, stability and efficiency are sacrificed when going purely for extreme depths unless you want to dig it all. But if they keep pursuing it who knows where it might eventually lead?

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do people get hung up on depths :icon_scratch: I once dug a two foot hole for a piece of barb wire with my XPGMP, it was well below the plough line. So I'm comfortable with the fact I could pick up a hoard of coins at that depth.

SS

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People are gradually buying into the Minelab GPX detector concept so they can rework their old sites and pick up individual coins at greater depths. Its really paying off in some cases where they are lacking in fresh productive sites but I find that even with my TDI (which has way less depth) used in the non discriminate mode its hard to justify the lack of ground coverage in a day caused by digging so many extra deep holes.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People are gradually buying into the Minelab GPX detector concept so they can rework their old sites and pick up individual coins at greater depths. Its really paying off in some cases where they are lacking in fresh productive sites but I find that even with my TDI (which has way less depth) used in the non discriminate mode its hard to justify the lack of ground coverage in a day caused by digging so many extra deep holes.
Yes a friend of mine bought one for that very reason, trouble is he said it's driving him nuts. I told him to try the site not far from us that has produced some eary coin finds, Saxon at least 14 William pennies. ect. Which is a quite site now.

SS

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very impressive machine and much lighter then the GPX,s to hit a Cartwheel penny at 20 inches and not the best model Blisstool is pretty good Jim :icon_thumright:

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the archaeoligical online sites was getting quite worried about the Blisstools but noted that the Detecting Wales forum has removed the posts on it and they mention a review that "is astonishingly withering about how useless it is".

Depth needs stability and discrimination. They certainly have the depth but then my old Treasure Baron + Pro Hunter and Deep Hunter unit did as well but the deep Hunter had to left off or only on its lowest setting most of the time.

At least one of the U.S. dealers will loan a replacement when or if the detector has to be returned for repair to Bulgaria which does help with one area of concern.

altinkum

Tenderfoot
Mar 30, 2010
uk brian you failed to mention the person that give the withering report on detecting wales had only used the machine for 4hrs and the previous owner had opened the control box to fit a straight shaft. the 4hr tester complained he could'nt get the machine stable well by opening the control box of a brand new detector have something to do with this. how are we to know they did'nt touch any of the components which effected the stability of the detector. it's also worth mentioning the threads about the blisstool were removed because detecting wales were not getting paid to advertise it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread