Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We are DVRing the episode as we speak so we can watch it later but I agree, Todd is a risky animal and takes chances with other peoples' money.I feel bad for the people that are working for him,he's a loose cannon.

mrlindeman

Feb 6, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hes a complete disregard for his crews safety as well. He is going to get someone hurt or killed someday.

goldandbill

Dec 2, 2013
Gold Beach,OR
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 7 and Mine Lab Eureka
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I quit watching the first year when they didn't know to put riffles in the sluice!!!!!

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guy is an idiot.. He has the money to finance these crazy trips and takes along a crew of guys who can make him look good.. I would like to see what dave could do on his own with the same crew.. I bet he would make todd look like a complete moron more so than he does himself.. He really makes this show unbearable sometimes..

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was in Const 40+ years and started operating equipment at 12 yrs old and I can assure you Todd Hoffman, his dad and his crew are the biggest bunch of idiots i ever seen. You know darn well he couldn't even afford to go to Alaska much less S. America if it wasn't for the discovery channel. The only one worth watching on the entire show is Parker for a kid he is the smartest of all of them. The Hoffmans are babbling idiots. I met a guy last year in Alaska that used to sell them stuff in Oregon where they are from and he said they were just as big of idiots in Oregon. He couldn't stand the old man

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I was in Const 40+ years and started operating equipment at 12 yrs old and I can assure you Todd Hoffman, his dad and his crew are the biggest bunch of idiots i ever seen. You know darn well he couldn't even afford to go to Alaska much less S. America if it wasn't for the discovery channel. The only one worth watching on the entire show is Parker for a kid he is the smartest of all of them. The Hoffmans are babbling idiots. I met a guy last year in Alaska that used to sell them stuff in Oregon where they are from and he said they were just as big of idiots in Oregon. He couldn't stand the old man
I agree completely with everything you just posted. I even like Beets. Yeah he's in it for the money. Isn't that why they all do what they do ? I think he's being hard on the kid because it's a hard life and he's trying to show Parker the way rather than blow smoke up his a$$. I respect that. I think Parker is doing the daughter and Beets sees him as part of the family. lol... One thing that blew me away though but I don't have a clue what prices are in Alaska for heavy equipment. I did work as a field mechanic for a Komatsu, Link Belt & Michigan dealer many years ago. Is a clapped out, falling apart dozer really worth 140k in Alaska or did Todd screw the kid ?

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
we should watch & learn how NOT to be like todd. I LOVE Grampa Schnovel, Schobel(?) He is the reason I watch the show.

IdahoJake

Oct 9, 2013
Clarkston, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tell everyone who talks about it...do the opposite of the fat guy with the beard and you'll have better results.

BUUFLOE

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IT'S A SHOW. ON TV. IT IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT. DON'T YOU GET IT? IF YOU DON'T LIKE, THEN TURN IT OFF!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant believe that after finally getting onto some decent size nuggets down on the bedrock that Fred is giving up on the so called "glory hole" :dontknow:
Even though it's just a show and mostly make believe, I still would have thought that Fred would have found a way to recover the rest of the gold and kept on following the bedrock all the way down stream from the "waterfall" filling in behind him with the tailings as he went to keep it safe.

Oh well, I guess you would have to be there to know what is really going on and the real reasons for their actions other than what is edited for TV.

GG~

Last edited:

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
I'm still waiting for the giant Anaconda snake to swallow Toad Hoffman. Then spit him out because of all the foul tasting blubber!

I need to get a hold of Christo and tell him to include that!The ratings would soar!

IdahoJake

Oct 9, 2013
Clarkston, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IT'S A SHOW. ON TV. IT IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT. DON'T YOU GET IT? IF YOU DON'T LIKE, THEN TURN IT OFF!

OMG! You're kidding! Thanks for clueing us in and giving us words of enlightenment. I feel so stupid.

OK guys...time to move on. We've been schooled.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hate to watch Gold Rush due to Todd Hoffman

I hate to watch gold rush.As a man that paints houses for a living,I find watching paint dry a lot more interesting:laughing9:Plus,you cant fake it.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was interesting sort of a year ago. Nothing much on tv these days worth watching.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread