Have you seem this video?

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
He is doing nothing but giving the hobby a bad name. He is a first class nut job and is not worthy to call himself a detectorist.

sparkymaster

Feb 21, 2005
South Ogden, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX-XLT-M-6
That can't be for real???

That had to be a pun intended for metal detecting.

If that guy was serious, he's (say this fast out loud) "sofa king we todd did"!

sparkymaster

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
he was obviously going all out to give detectorists a bad name and extracting the urine at the same time with the "i need a girl detector" comment.
or maybe just a poorly judged joke!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
omg I hope he's not a member here... betcha he digs in cemetaries too what a jerk.

Africa

Apr 27, 2008
Queenstown South Africa
This dude is real stupid, why throw the pennies back, next time he will waste his time finding the same coins again, when I go out hunting, I take my time, when the sun starts to set, only then do I head back home.

This hobbie is not about looking for silver and gold, it is about having good clean fun. No matter what a person finds.

gametalman52

Jul 27, 2007
Northeast Georgia
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT, Goldbug
I think the dumba** needs a few lessons about life. The first one would have to do with respect. It's too bad his video couldn't be sent to the park since his name is on the credits. Maybe confiscation of his gear and a large fine would straighten the jerk out a little bit. Got me a little frosty!!!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Hey guys, this is not a spoof video. The guy is for real, and ..... I guess .... really just doesn't understand the "image" this portrays. The reason I know this isn't a spoof, is that .... being from CA .... he's asked a friend of mine in the past, who lives not far from Menlo Park, to get together to hunt sometime. My friend had thus far declined, so has never actually met him (I guess the kid saw that my friend was near him, from some posts on another forum). Now I'm ribbing my friend that he SHOULD have gotten together with him in the past JUST to share some tips on the "culture" of our hobby, how to retrieve, what NOT to put on Youtube, etc.... ::)

Sheesk, anyone who spends 6 minutes to retrieve a zinc penny from a hole, has obviously not hunted together with an experienced user before, to show him the ropes. You don't even need a pinpointer to speed that up to less than a minute! haha

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Well Tom I am glad you know this guy is for real... I thought about it and watched it a few times.... I was thinking if he is kidding sooner or later he will start laughing and admit it was a joke or start throwing insults. Then at the end....I realized how depressed he seemed ....and I thought this guy needs some help!

midnightmoon

Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Tom_in_CA said:
Hey guys, this is not a spoof video. The guy is for real, and .....

Geesh...I thought it was a prank at first.

And a second person was present to film it....I just dunno!

While he digs, the detector is laying on its side, control box in the dirt. Maybe he'll ruin it and give up. Or get run over returning to his ride.

Geesh!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He thinks it's a waste of time to spend 10 Seconds Filling his hole in,
But has no Problem wasting time Digging Nickels & Dimes & throwing them Back.

Plus The way he acts no wonder the Park is off limits.

Whatta Jerk !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread