heading to club claim, stopped for breakfast

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
stopped at the Liberty Cafe for breakfast before heading into our club claim last sunday.
three guys sitting at the table next to us talking about their claim and planning.

we were talking about "hoping to find some color atleast"....

The younger fella reaches in his pocket and hands me a rock to look at that he dredged up last summer on his private claim.
I was floored at this thing.

2.2 Oz.
983913_602076163145641_532995830_n.jpg

now i want a 6" dredge and a wet suit with a heater in it.

Upvote 0
That sucker is large and in charge!!! I think my heart would stop if I ever found a piece like that!!

stopped at the Liberty Cafe for breakfast before heading into our club claim last sunday.
three guys sitting at the table next to us talking about their claim and planning.

we were talking about "hoping to find some color atleast"....

The younger fella reaches in his pocket and hands me a rock to look at that he dredged up last summer on his private claim.
I was floored at this thing.

2.2 Oz.
View attachment 805068

now i want a 6" dredge and a wet suit with a heater in it.

Now you see why old timers are still fighting for their dredging rights - stuff like this monster slug is still laying out there, and there's a lot of it!

so thats not even the half of it, once the younger guy showed his off. Grandpaw pulls his out and hands it too to my Aunt for a photo shot.

One on left is the 2.2 ounce, one on right is just under 4.0 ounces.

nuggets.jpg

Wow...that's the stuff dreams are made of!

Took a look at the Bedrock prospecting club website, and am wondering if you
have any members up in the Skagit County area?

so thats not even the half of it, once the younger guy showed his off. Grandpaw pulls his out and hands it too to my Aunt for a photo shot.

One on left is the 2.2 ounce, one on right is just under 4.0 ounces.

View attachment 805163

Dam*! Thousands of dollars in their pockets like souvenirs. ???

You said that spot was where? Lol,very nice to just walk around with chunks like that in your pocket.
OBD

honestly, holding both of those in the same hand was better than Sex, i swear - gods honest truth.

My son and I met Rob Gorham at a show, and he let us hold three pounds of nuggets that came from his placer operation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back