What's new

Heart shape old brass with star in middle. Any ideas? Early 1700s housesite

Gregg3131

Hero Member
Joined
May 24, 2015
Messages
706
Reaction score
3,750
Golden Thread
4
Location
Va
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Limited Edition
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any idea on these 2 relics? Thinking gold or gold plated cufflink maybe on the one(it came out without tarnish on front)? The heart shaped brass item is very interesting Found at very early house site(early 1700s)
 

Attachments

  • 20190105_160844.webp
    20190105_160844.webp
    488.1 KB · Views: 114
  • 20190105_160856.webp
    20190105_160856.webp
    756.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 20190105_160711.webp
    20190105_160711.webp
    534.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 20190105_160716.webp
    20190105_160716.webp
    545 KB · Views: 89
Looks like part of a locket. (heart shaped one)
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
The other one I believe is part of a cufflink.
 
Upvote 0
Its super thin and I dont see any attachment points
 
Upvote 0
like AARC said, the heart shaped piece is part of the outer shell of a locket
 
Upvote 0
Any idea how old?
 
Upvote 0
Good ID nice relic
 
Upvote 0
Nice finds Greg! :thumbsup:

I'm not an expert when it comes to dating cuff-links, but based on the script, I'd say 1820 - 40.
The brass heart shaped relic looks to be later, probably 1840 - 60. :icon_scratch:

Dave
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom