What's new

Heartbreaker

Road Dog

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2009
Messages
815
Reaction score
393
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Carolina
Went out to my newest spot and found this sticking out of the ground like in the first pic. Pulled on it and it was only half of it.
 

Attachments

  • DSC03948.webp
    DSC03948.webp
    211.6 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC03949.webp
    DSC03949.webp
    144.7 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC03950.webp
    DSC03950.webp
    122.8 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC03951.webp
    DSC03951.webp
    164.5 KB · Views: 131
Upvote 0
Dang! That is a heart breaker. Hopefully, the other half is out there waiting on you to find it too. Good luck.
 
It is still a great find. Look at the polished surface. Really nice and thanks for sharing.
 
Love that material, the maker had an eye for beauty, it would be even prettier with some fat or vegetable oil rubbed on it.
 
That hurts. I hope you can find the other half.
 
Thanks, There are lots that are to be cleared for houses. I'm gonna keep my eye on the construction progress. Found some pottery pieces near this piece as well.
 
heartbreaker for sure but still a nice find!
 
Cool to find even a broke bannerstone. That's a heartbreaker for sure.
 
Yes it is still a great find I still haven't found half yet!!!
 
:icon_thumleft: That still is an excellent find, and hope you are fortunate to find the other half. Good Luck!
 
Spectacular Piece!

You may want to check with anyone else that hunts the site, and see if the other half has been found already.
 
That is a heart breaker and heart warmer as well. Better to think of the bannerstone as half there, than half gone. Beautiful piece that looks to have been completed before being broken, and as others have noted, if no one else has already picked up the other half, it is probably still there to be found. HH
 
Road dog
I know your pain. I found a broken bannerstone this year that looks almost exactly like this one. Mine appears to be slate. Hope you find the other half.
 
Thanks, This is the first polished piece I've found in a quarter square mile area I've hunted the past 15 years. Most of the area was farmed , but not this part. Hoping for a nice grooved axe.
 
That is a heart breaker and heart warmer as well. Better to think of the bannerstone as half there, than half gone... HH

That's a good way to think.
 
Still very rare even though broken. I couldn't tell you how many times I have seen something sticking half out and when you pull on it the other half is gone. But that Banner would of been a dream maker by the color of it. Hope you find some other pieces of it, rock
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom