What's new

Heel Plate In The Last Hour Saved The Day

RPG

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2009
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
93
Golden Thread
0
Location
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Definately a first for me. :icon_sunny:

Got out for a while today with nothing much to show but some lead and big iron. The IH and plate were some of the last items dug today. Sure made my day. :)

I found a small homesite within a quarter mile of my house a couple of weeks back. The farmer cut the hay last week and I took the mower and cut it a little lower. Lots of square nails to pick through but I should get a few more keepers there.

Good Luck
Randy
 

Attachments

  • heelplate.webp
    heelplate.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 808
Upvote 20
Nice find! Any CW activity in your area?
 
Congrats on the heart heel plate, AND in great shape too. :thumbsup:
-MM-
 
romeo-1 said:
Nice find! Any CW activity in your area?

Thanks romeo.

Not much activity here. Probably from a homesteader after the war.
 
ModernMiner said:
Congrats on the heart heel plate, AND in great shape too. :thumbsup:
-MM-

Thanks MM. I looked at a few on the web and didn't see many in good shape. :thumbsup:
 
RPG said:
ModernMiner said:
Congrats on the heart heel plate, AND in great shape too. :thumbsup:
-MM-

Thanks MM. I looked at a few on the web and didn't see many in good shape. :thumbsup:

I got lucky too. I found one a few years back in great shape. It's my favorite heel plate.
Great find. :icon_thumleft:
-MM-
 
I think I read in a post here recently on the heart heel plate?? I believe they were saying that the ladies of the night :wink: wore them on their shoes so that the soldiers/men could identify them easier. I'm not saying that this is what they were referring to, but it sure seems to fit if what they were saying is true. Nice finds and keep hitting that spot hard. HH
 
Elliott Ness said:
I think I read in a post here recently on the heart heel plate?? I believe they were saying that the ladies of the night :wink: wore them on their shoes so that the soldiers/men could identify them easier. I'm not saying that this is what they were referring to, but it sure seems to fit if what they were saying is true. Nice finds and keep hitting that spot hard. HH

Thanks Elliott. Ladies of the night huh. ;D Wish they woulda wore them in my time. :wink:
 
still on the lookout for one..WTG
 
Thanks Patriot. Hope you get one. :thumbsup:

Thanks Ty. It's in great shape. I can't see any wear on it at all. :)
 
That heel plate is a superb find! Congrats also on the IH. Looks like you need to hit that site till the cows come home.

HH,
Rusted
 
Nice find!

HH
 
RPG said:
Elliott Ness said:
I think I read in a post here recently on the heart heel plate?? I believe they were saying that the ladies of the night :wink: wore them on their shoes so that the soldiers/men could identify them easier. I'm not saying that this is what they were referring to, but it sure seems to fit if what they were saying is true. Nice finds and keep hitting that spot hard. HH

Thanks Elliott. Ladies of the night huh. ;D Wish they woulda wore them in my time. :wink:
I posted that. I dug one a while back and a guy who collects them and had done a study on The History Of Prostitution told me that the "ladies" wore them and they left prints in the dirt so them men knew which women to approach. He also told me that an old lady who had been in the "business" confirmed it. That is all I know though. not all of the heel plates like that are civil war though. the one I dug was about 1-1/2"by 1-1/2" and was a bit post war. Still a cool find
 
very interesting.
 
vayank54 said:
RPG said:
Elliott Ness said:
I think I read in a post here recently on the heart heel plate?? I believe they were saying that the ladies of the night :wink: wore them on their shoes so that the soldiers/men could identify them easier. I'm not saying that this is what they were referring to, but it sure seems to fit if what they were saying is true. Nice finds and keep hitting that spot hard. HH

Thanks Elliott. Ladies of the night huh. ;D Wish they woulda wore them in my time. :wink:
I posted that. I dug one a while back and a guy who collects them and had done a study on The History Of Prostitution told me that the "ladies" wore them and they left prints in the dirt so them men knew which women to approach. He also told me that an old lady who had been in the "business" confirmed it. That is all I know though. not all of the heel plates like that are civil war though. the one I dug was about 1-1/2"by 1-1/2" and was a bit post war. Still a cool find

Great info Vayank. Thanks for sharing that. :thumbsup:
-MM-
 
RPG said:
Thanks Patriot. Hope you get one. :thumbsup:

Thanks Ty. It's in great shape. I can't see any wear on it at all. :)
are we talking about the ladies of the night :P :P ;D ;D willy
 
I found a matching pair this year in NY. On the back it says 1 1/2. I thought they were Confederate Calvary heel plates but the size seemed much to small for a mans boot. Thanks for clearing that up. Also congrats RPG that heel plate its in amazing condition :icon_thumleft:
 

Attachments

  • Picture 328.webp
    Picture 328.webp
    48.3 KB · Views: 625
Nice find Randy , I believe BBoy found one on a site here on our farm last year.
Keep hitting that site, you never know what's down there. :thumbsup:
 
Nice heart heel plate :icon_thumright:

'Ladies of the night' :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom