Hello and please help!

tvolkmar

Feb 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everybody,
Looking to buy my first new detector. Been using a VERY OLD and cheap detector my dad used 25 years ago. I have a budget of around $1000. Looking at a teknetics t2, an F75 and a whites mxt all pro. Any thoughts or recommendations? Or should I look at something else? Really want something easy to learn and use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Todd

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
all good choices...consider your primary interests... coin hunting, beach and shallow water hunting, relics, your location..gold. All need to weigh in your decision and budget. you will get lots of opinions from others, but the Garrett line is reputable, and the ACE 350 is working for me. good luck and welcome!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome. The T2 is a Fisher. I have the F75 limited and a buddy of mine has the T2. The T2 has more iron Disc. than my Fisher but both are good machines. If hunting relics only, the T2 is the machine. For all round hunting both are winners. I run the sniper coil most of the time and its a great set up. I had a MXT at one time and gave it to an in law to get him into the sport. It is a good machine also. I just bought the White M6 about 8 months ago and its a good machine also. I think running it below nickel in the desc. mode is a winner on gold and small coins. Hope you make the right choice. Good luck.

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T'net. You are bound to get a lot of advice on this one. But basically, all the machine you listed are excellent detectors. I prefer Garrett or Fisher/Teknetics. But I am probably prejudiced! Pm me if I can help or answer any questions, no matter what you buy or where.

OP
OP
T

tvolkmar

Feb 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for everybody's help! Greatly appreciated!

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if any of those detectors have built in pro pointers.. if not be sure to add $130 for the Garrett Pro Pointer into your cost

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a nice Budget so (I ) would research & find a Machine that would suit you best .
And these days As Uncle Jeff stated a pin pointer is almost a MUST.
I just started using one over a year ago and now I ( freak out , on the rare occasion when I realize I left it at home or in the car).
Good luck

Last edited:

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher 1270 is a pretty good machine,just dont count too much on fisher headphones.I think you can buy one for probably about 5 or 6 $

Last edited:

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome aboard! Metal detectors are like learning a new language, so at first this thing will be frustating.

NoBootyYet

Dec 3, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Birmingham, Alabama. I bet either of those options and diligent effort to really "learn the machine" will be fine. Good luck and we look forward to seeing your cool finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread