Hello and please help!

tvolkmar

Feb 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everybody,
Looking to buy my first new detector. Been using a VERY OLD and cheap detector my dad used 25 years ago. I have a budget of around $1000. Looking at a teknetics t2, an F75 and a whites mxt all pro. Any thoughts or recommendations? Or should I look at something else? Really want something easy to learn and use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Todd

Last edited:
metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

all good choices...consider your primary interests... coin hunting, beach and shallow water hunting, relics, your location..gold. All need to weigh in your decision and budget. you will get lots of opinions from others, but the Garrett line is reputable, and the ACE 350 is working for me. good luck and welcome!

Welcome. The T2 is a Fisher. I have the F75 limited and a buddy of mine has the T2. The T2 has more iron Disc. than my Fisher but both are good machines. If hunting relics only, the T2 is the machine. For all round hunting both are winners. I run the sniper coil most of the time and its a great set up. I had a MXT at one time and gave it to an in law to get him into the sport. It is a good machine also. I just bought the White M6 about 8 months ago and its a good machine also. I think running it below nickel in the desc. mode is a winner on gold and small coins. Hope you make the right choice. Good luck.

Welcome to T'net. You are bound to get a lot of advice on this one. But basically, all the machine you listed are excellent detectors. I prefer Garrett or Fisher/Teknetics. But I am probably prejudiced! Pm me if I can help or answer any questions, no matter what you buy or where.

Thanks for everybody's help! Greatly appreciated!

Not sure if any of those detectors have built in pro pointers.. if not be sure to add $130 for the Garrett Pro Pointer into your cost

You have a nice Budget so (I ) would research & find a Machine that would suit you best .
And these days As Uncle Jeff stated a pin pointer is almost a MUST.
I just started using one over a year ago and now I ( freak out , on the rare occasion when I realize I left it at home or in the car).
Good luck

Last edited:
Fisher 1270 is a pretty good machine,just dont count too much on fisher headphones.I think you can buy one for probably about 5 or 6 $

Last edited:
Welcome aboard! Metal detectors are like learning a new language, so at first this thing will be frustating.

Welcome from Birmingham, Alabama. I bet either of those options and diligent effort to really "learn the machine" will be fine. Good luck and we look forward to seeing your cool finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back