Hello from a New Member

BuffaloBill

Jul 21, 2010
Southbury CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Howdy all! New member here. Just wanted to say hello. I have been detecting on and off for the past 15 years or so. Mostly off lately. That was until l came across this website and saw all the amazing things everyone was finding. It really got my blood pumping to get out there again and find some stuff. So I dusted off my detector and went to try and old farm field near me. Put in a few hours over a couple days. Didn't find anything too spectacular but did pull out a few wheaties and two VERY worn coppers. One I can't make out anything on, the other I can just make out the figure of Lady Britannia on it. So the area seems to have potential for some good finds.
Anyway, Look forward to chatting with you all and hopefullly finding some stuff worthy of posting pics on here. ;D

Bill

Upvote 0

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net BuffaloBill. Sounds like you really got the bug back. :icon_thumright:

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
let me be the 2nd to welcome you to t-net! this is a great and fun site, congrats on the coppers! HH and hope you get gold and silver under your coil!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet Bill. Remember it isn't the value of what we find but the fun we have finding it. If we just wanted money we'd all get jobs....LOL :laughing7:

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Just to say, Buffalo Bill, there is also a thread which lets you post images, either a careful digital camera picture, or a picture from a scanner, to get identification help. I even got help explaining how to scan coins. If you post images, do read the instructions, though they are confusing. A lot of good stuff on this URL.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Welcome Buffalo Bill! Glad to have you aboard.

If you've got the equipment to post it, everyone here loves to see whatever you found: value is secondary to just looking.

What are your major interests? Relics? Coin shooting? After 15 years, you've got some experience to share.

OP
OP
BuffaloBill

BuffaloBill

Jul 21, 2010
Southbury CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Thank you all for the welcome. I would have to say I most enjoy relic hunting around old cellar holes. I have done a fair share of park hunting for coins, water hunting for rings/jewlery, and dump digging for old bottles, and I do enjoy doing them all. But there's something about diggin up artifacts from days gone by and thinking about the people that used these items last and wondering who they were and what were they doing when they dropped them. It really makes you feel connected with them somehow. It's just such an awesome feeling knowing that you are the first person to touch that item in a hundred, maybe two hundred years or more.
Although, I wouldn't be too upset if someone in the past was kind enough to leave me a gold coin or two to find. :wink:

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet Bill and your right,it's all about the thrill of touching history. :icon_thumright:

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Bill to T-Net eastern Conn. is just a jump across the Sound from me there is a lot of very old coins and relics over there the early settlers first where in Conn. then cross over to the east end of Long Island Good hunting cant wait to see your post . :thumbsup: Dd60

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Bill. Now that you found us it's time to get off the icon_couch.gif and get 7_16_2.gif

Attachments

• icon_couch.gif
    icon_couch.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 7_16_2.gif
    7_16_2.gif
    51.7 KB · Views: 97

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett ProPointer
:hello: Woo Hoo New sucker...umm umm, I mean MEMBER to this adDICTING hobby! Welcome from across the pond here on Long Island! I recently became REaddicted as well. You found yourself a GREAT forum and bunch of people here. ExTREMEly educational. ANYway, Hello!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread