Hello from Sarasota

Bluestreak

Tenderfoot
Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Venice here, just south of you. I just bought a whites Prizm V two days ago. Don't have a pointer yet.

Lets hunt.

OP
OP
geebtoke

geebtoke

Feb 28, 2013
I'll be down as soon as mine arrives. Kellyco is 120 miles away so I hope it won't take too long. One of the reasons I chose the QD II is it comes with a carry case, magnifying glass, and a PINPOINTER! Bonus! Do you usually hunt beaches or woodsy areas? I'll be down for trying both eventually, excited to get my son out with me I'm not sure who was more excited about the purchase him or I.

diggerdave32

Tenderfoot
Jan 22, 2013
Bradenton, FL
Detector(s) used
E-trac, V3i, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in Bradenton. My son who is 13 and I try to detect the area as much as we can. If you're interested in detecting together send me a pm.

Bluestreak

Tenderfoot
Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to stump pass the end of march early April.

Anybody down for a dig pm me..

Jon

OP
OP
geebtoke

geebtoke

Feb 28, 2013
Wow it came today living in Florida pays off. Went to a friends field for like and hour and got out first find. Appeared to be an old light socket, found a crouched can, piece of an old radio, a bolt, a bottle cap, and a hinge. Good times :) added a pic of my son holding up our first find

image-1851367118.jpg

OP
OP
geebtoke

geebtoke

Feb 28, 2013
Hoping for better luck today think I'm going the try she'll beach on siesta. HH everyone hope to see someone out there and maybe get my first coin. I'll take a 2013 penny just hoping to document my first.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
geebtoke

geebtoke

Feb 28, 2013
Minimal success today found $1.27 in new coin, a grill grate, three toy cars, 17 pull tabs and 8 bottle caps, 4 big fishing sinkers, and spiral pole holder you screw into the sand (in good shape). Want to really get out and do ths (froze today) but was reading posts on laws and it seems beaches are where I'll be tuck as long as I live in this state :(.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Treasurenet. I live in Parrish. It's about 10 miles from Sarasota. There is a lot of information on this site to help you in your quest for treasures. Good luck.

OP
OP
geebtoke

geebtoke

Feb 28, 2013
I'll be looking to meet up with locals to find cool spots and learn more about the hobby pm me some time ill drive to Parrish and hang.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread