Hello I’m Shannon / just started

mermaidshannon

Aug 31, 2022
West coast for work til 2023
Detector(s) used
Intuition and tripping on things
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi I am so happy to find this because I am obsessed with trolling the beach in the PNW for shipwreck timber but I don’t want to keep hounding the one friend I have who knows what he’s doing and I can’t seem to find the resources I need to compare wood. It is my hope I can just happily post my finds that I found weird or special - usually wood - and maybe if anything looks like it’s from an old wreck you can let me know or tell me why it isn’t or why it was a good find. I am really enjoying myself so please be nice about it. I am currently in Long BeachWA. until 9/11 then over to cannon beach for two weeks.
I’m married , I’m a traveling aquatic performer and I have 3 dogs. Nice to meet you :-)

Attachments

• D76F8A26-209F-46CB-8F4C-2B15EB6ECFA3.jpeg
    D76F8A26-209F-46CB-8F4C-2B15EB6ECFA3.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 58

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum.
Lots of knowledgeable folks on here, that can help you ID finds.

Great looking friend you have.

OP
OP
mermaidshannon

mermaidshannon

Aug 31, 2022
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Mermaids are always a welcome site here......so welcome to TreasureNet from hot sunny Florida where we have our own mermaid clan up at weekiwachi. Perhaps you have swam there:thumbsup:
They don’t pay enough it is a state park. But I know of them ha

OP
OP
mermaidshannon

mermaidshannon

Aug 31, 2022
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Shannon! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country)...
I’m in USA but I am on tour right now with my shows. I don’t have a home base til next year but it was Charlotte before we sold house.

Attachments

• BCEACFEF-0481-4449-89C3-49CA7D93331D.jpeg
    BCEACFEF-0481-4449-89C3-49CA7D93331D.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 46

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I am so happy to find this because I am obsessed with trolling the beach in the PNW for shipwreck timber but I don’t want to keep hounding the one friend I have who knows what he’s doing and I can’t seem to find the resources I need to compare wood. It is my hope I can just happily post my finds that I found weird or special - usually wood - and maybe if anything looks like it’s from an old wreck you can let me know or tell me why it isn’t or why it was a good find. I am really enjoying myself so please be nice about it. I am currently in Long BeachWA. until 9/11 then over to cannon beach for two weeks.
I’m married , I’m a traveling aquatic performer and I have 3 dogs. Nice to meet you :-)
welcome to Treasurenet

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pacific NW in Washington? Tons of wrecks up that way, should be plenty of old ship wood on beaches.

Last edited:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome, my brother used to have a cabin in Manzanita Beach south of Cannon Beach. I was always amazed at the giant logs that washed up on the beach. Never thought about ship wreck wood. Seems that would be really hard to find.

wedoitall

Tenderfoot
Sep 29, 2022
Boogerhole, West Virginia
Detector(s) used
idx pro with bills mods......the idx pro waS my pops that he got for christmaS maNy moons ago and was never used. Will be upgrading to a more modern MD soon. any recommendations?
Primary Interest:
Other
OOoo-la-LA.......i love your husky....Is he your only husky? I have to commend any husky owner, as I am the owner of the biggest, baddest, most spoiled husky of all time. He can be alot of work lol. We live on 300 acres in the mountains of WV. I have to go walkabout to find him all the time...2x I found him4 miles out in the woods. He also has been shot, had 4 bullets holes in him with a bullet still lodged next to his lungs. Next day from the vet and he was strutting around like nothing ever happened! He is pretty studly when he needs to be though. Has killed at least 5 coyotes that I know of.

ill quit ramblin......oh yea ima new member too.. new to the hobby too. I recently found something then went back with a MD (first time using one) and found the rest of what is a nice find. So I'm a little excited at the moment. Still finding stuff there. Will display it once I think I have the majority of it. Hope you find what your looking for too! I can't wait to take it to the beach but being very far from a beach, iM sure it will be many months before I will have a chance to do that. I heard beach finding is a blast . Never thought I would think MD would be a blast but hey maybe everyone is right, I am getting old. Naaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!! im never getting old even if I do.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TN . There are a LOT of knowledgeable people here

Last edited:

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, White DFX, Fisher F4, White V3i, Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi and welcome to treasurenet...It is a great, relaxing site to be on. Best of all we can all learn from each other about this hobby. Maybe your treasure hunting may expand beyond shipwreck wood ( which is very cool ) by being here. Post pics of your finds along the way and good luck !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread