What's new

help ID these foreign coins

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
4,949
Reaction score
2,326
Golden Thread
0
Location
NorthWest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my mother just came back from a vacation and bought these 2 coins at a flea market for me, they look like silver, are about the same size as a Peace dollar, any clue as to what they are and if they are silver?
 

Attachments

  • S6300551.webp
    S6300551.webp
    42.3 KB · Views: 775
  • S6300552.webp
    S6300552.webp
    42 KB · Views: 581
Goes4ever said:
yes they do, if you notice my sig I am a CRHunter
Congratulations if they are silver. They could still be counterfeit as LaBeep stated. How much did she pay for them if you dont mind me asking?

If you can determine the silver content, please keep us updated.
 
Upvote 0
well they were a gift from my mother, so I thought it would be tacky to ask her what she paid. It was my first thought to ask her then I remembered I was always taught never ask someone how much they paid for a gift.
 
Upvote 0
ah ok. I would suggest to take to pawn shop to determine silver content first and then we will try to determine if they are authentic 19th century dollars or counterfeits. It shouldnt be hard to find a pawn shop.

You can also make a silver test solution from nitric acid and potassium dichromate.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
ah ok. I would suggest to take to pawn shop to determine silver content first and then we will try to determine if they are authentic 19th century dollars or counterfeits. It shouldnt be hard to find a pawn shop.

You can also make a silver test solution from nitric acid and potassium dichromate.
called my pawn shop and they only buy gold, how dumb! and I am not a chemist...lol, I had better leave the chemicals alone!
 
Upvote 0
You can purchase a "silver test" solution. Google it.
 
Upvote 0
ok thanks
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom