Help identify green crystals and silver luster magetic composite

jsweet777

Oct 20, 2016
Anthem AZ
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am new to mineralogy and prospecting, and am looking for any feedback about your best guess for the components of this rock I found in New River, AZ just north of Phoenix. What tests should I perform, or should I break it up or crush it for separating any components of potential value? Thanks a lot :icon_thumleft: CM161019-22495304.jpg CM161019-22501705.jpg CM161019-23040805.jpg

Upvote 0

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First I wouldn't call the green parts crystals.
They could be beryl, or just green quartz. To tell the difference you would need a very accurate way to measure SG.

Good luck out there.

geologyjohn

Mar 18, 2009
West edge of the U.S.
Detector(s) used
WW2 mine detector, D-Tex Standard, D-Tex Deluxe, A.H. Pro Discriminator, various Whites, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher 1270, Fisher F75, Fisher Gold Bug,Tesoro Sand Shark. And maybe others that I forgot?
Some of those green spots look pretty bright. Based on that, and the appearance of some of the adjacent minerals, I am voting that the green mineral is fluorite. A nice find on your part!

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also vote for fluorite for the green crystals. I have found similar ones in Az. and that's what they were.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread