Help Identify this stone tool found on the east end of Long Island, NY

Shovelbum

Greenie
Nov 9, 2021
Lol!!! The rocks I posted are now sitting in a museum! I actually got complimented on them too. It’s funny how people judge from a picture with our holding and even more funny cause they are well known artifacts for people that study them. Sorry, but you should study artifacts more before you speak. Maybe take a class or many like I have.

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shovelbum... you have no idea who you are talking to. Those are natural stones unaltered by man. They would go well in a museum flower garden. Others have told you the same thing. You could learn something here but I suspect this is not your first rodeo and you won't.

Last edited:

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They could have been ancient door props…if they had doors.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Lol!!! The rocks I posted are now sitting in a museum! I actually got complimented on them too. It’s funny how people judge from a picture with our holding and even more funny cause they are well known artifacts for people that study them. Sorry, but you should study artifacts more before you speak. Maybe take a class or many like I have.
give us the location of the museum so we can view them.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Which museum? Where? Inquiring minds want to know.

Time for more coffee.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
crickets.gif

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2104764
Here is a rock, 100% natural, it fits perfectly in my left hand with an indentation for my big thumb.
this has not been worked by anyone but mother nature.
your “artifact” is just a plain rock….nothing more than that.
That's a native yelper stone. They threw those at barking dogs to make them yelped. This thread has some classic yelpers.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, you guys should study artifacts more before you speak, haha! Shovelbum, you've had some responses from some guys who are very qualified to speak. But once you've posted pics of the museum display of your finds, you'll show them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread