Help identifying what type of adjuster or buckle this is

rhondar

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2013
Sierra Vista, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2013-09-05_10-18-51_787.jpg

We have a few vest adjusters from the mid to late 1800's but none like this. Does anyone know if this was just another type of adjuster? Most I believe were two prong not four prong?

We live near Tombstone AZ.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow!I have seen many of them two prong,but never one like that!

Upvote 0

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Closely resembles a wire frame safety buckle.. don't know what is going on with the extra two prongs though!! i have seen them before, but never asked about them, if it doesn't get Solved i will ask someone who will know in a day or two. CannonBallGuy might be the first one to ask..

Attachments

• safety.jpg
    safety.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 126
Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

rhondar

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2013
Sierra Vista, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found in the desert not near post or mining town. You have to remember that there were a lot of immigrating civil war people that came out here after the Civil War. :) Hopefully someone can figure out what it was used for. Patten date is Feb. 11, 1879.

Upvote 0

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found in the desert not near post or mining town. You have to remember that there were a lot of immigrating civil war people that came out here after the Civil War. :) Hopefully someone can figure out what it was used for. Patten date is Feb. 11, 1879.

Thanks for adding the Patent date... Someone should be able to look that up... Might be a Mfg's name near the patent date?. For Future reference add that info in... You can search patent dates on google.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread