2013-09-05 13.39.22.jpg

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Foreign coin of some sort-- looks like a Pacific island culture, w/ ocean waves and palm trees. What does the other side look like?

Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will probably need the other side for anyone to get it. Looks more like a medal, and there's a million of different ones out there... and when you have no starting point it's tough.

Is it silver? If so, it's interesting, and could also be a jeton. What ever it is, it's not a typical east coast detecting find. The edge being sloppy doesn't really seem typical of an early silver jeton though. Curious to see what's on the other side.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ditto- what's on the other side. It looks familiar. I think I have one somewhere. I'm thinking French Polynesia for some reason.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL...

I just can,t fool you guys at all...wow ..I,m impressed!!!!

Found it at a 200 year old holmstead.....BUT.. they hold AEGIS gatherings every year...white witchcraft of some sort.

They gave me permission to hunt the back fields.....it was 8 inches deep....someone obviously put it there on purpose.

I was only there like 10 minutes...I seen the coin in the hole ..I was all excited and thought...wow is this gonna a big day hunting.

Then disappointment set in as I seen GUAM and REPUBLIC OF CUBA on the other side and finally the date..2007.

SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

btw.. I covered the GUAM witgha piece of dirt to throw IRONPATCH off...woulda been a dead giveaway...HEHE.

just got permission today to hunt a huge field that's showing a couple old basements raised up in the grass..near a very old town...about 10 acres.

also for a couple big fields by another place with a lot of history...so hopefully more to come.

I got lotsa old coins to show you guys..but are easily identifiable.....so I guess the fun is done for now.

I only got a couple old unidentifiable coins that have absolutely no markings whatsoever..no good I guess.

TY all very much..your a great bunch !!!

Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL...

I just can,t fool you guys at all...wow ..I,m impressed!!!!

Found it at a 200 year old holmstead.....BUT.. they hold AEGIS gatherings every year...white witchcraft of some sort.

They gave me permission to hunt the back fields.....it was 8 inches deep....someone obviously put it there on purpose.

I was only there like 10 minutes...I seen the coin in the hole ..I was all excited and thought...wow is this gonna a big day hunting.

Then disappointment set in as I seen GUAM and REPUBLIC OF CUBA on the other side and finally the date..2007.

SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

btw.. I covered the GUAM witgha piece of dirt to throw IRONPATCH off...woulda been a dead giveaway...HEHE.

just got permission today to hunt a huge field that's showing a couple old basements raised up in the grass..near a very old town...about 10 acres.

also for a couple big fields by another place with a lot of history...so hopefully more to come.

I got lotsa old coins to show you guys..but are easily identifiable.....so I guess the fun is done for now.

I only got a couple old unidentifiable coins that have absolutely no markings whatsoever..no good I guess.

TY all very much..your a great bunch !!!

Please read the rules of this forum before posting an item in which you already know the identification of.
More specifically this one-
• Do not deliberately withhold any information just to "have fun" seeing if members can guess correctly.

That is not what this forum is for.

IMPORTANT!

When posting in "What Is It?", please give members the information they need to help identify your find:

1. Post sharp closeup photos of both the front and the back.

2. State the actual size of the item. Also, if possible, put something with it in the photo for scale: a common U.S. coin, a ruler, etc.

3. If there are any inscriptions which cannot be easily read in the photos, type them in full in your post.

4. If there are maker's marks, numbers, symbols, or other marks on the back which are not easily seen in the photo, post a closeup or a drawing of them.

5. Indicate the composition of the item. For example: "thin brass, filled with lead on the back."

• Do not deliberately withhold any information just to "have fun" seeing if members can guess correctly.

• Once your item has been identified, don't forget to mark it "Solved."

Finally, if someone identifies your item or provides other helpful information, take time to post your appreciation— and maybe send a PM to say, "Thanks!" too.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UGH

SRY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just having a little bit of fun as were a few others helping me out..or so I assumed.

MY APOLOGIES

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread