What's new

Help me identify this cool something or other

Inkstar

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 4, 2018
Messages
4
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this in a shallow creek bed recently. I've found arrowheads and other stone tools in the same place before. This caught my eye... I've never seen anything like it. I don't know if it's man-made or nature-made but either way it's really cool looking. Any help with identifying it would be much appreciated! Thanks, Matt
 

Attachments

  • 1534725133279.webp
    1534725133279.webp
    8.4 KB · Views: 448
  • 20180819_192843 (3).webp
    20180819_192843 (3).webp
    302 KB · Views: 127
  • 20180819_192859.webp
    20180819_192859.webp
    505.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 20180819_192916 (2).webp
    20180819_192916 (2).webp
    316.7 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 0
It certainly is cool looking and I really can't say for sure but it looks natural to me
 
Nice looking natural stone.
 
Lets see the other artifacts you have found. The one in question is natural, welcome to the site
 
Welcome! Post any artifacts you have found. My dads side of the family all were from Minn. He told stories about the cold weather. I was born in Florida. Can't take much below 60 degrees! :occasion14:
 
Like everybody said, natural, but way cool. Reminds me of a mother and child sculpture I saw at some time or another. Welcome aboard, Matt!
 
Welcome! Post any artifacts you have found. My dads side of the family all were from Minn. He told stories about the cold weather. I was born in Florida. Can't take much below 60 degrees! :occasion14:

LOL, there are some up here that will wear shorts in the dead of winter winter.

As a neighbor to Minnesota, believe me, more than likely they weren't stories! I experienced 50 below zero actual temperature working over there years ago.
 
Welcome nice find
 
Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi. Cool rock.
 
Looks natural to me but pretty cool. There is a thread called "Got a rock you want identified?", you might try posting there. Several people help out on it. Good luck.
 
LOL, there are some up here that will wear shorts in the dead of winter winter.

As a neighbor to Minnesota, believe me, more than likely they weren't stories! I experienced 50 below zero actual temperature working over there years ago.

I was on the road for a telcom company and I lived up in the far north, have lived in Minnesota, North Dakota, Iowa, Nebraska, Colorado, Illinois, Missouri and Ohio. Seen over -50 below with wind chills pushing it -90 on more than a few conditions.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom