Help on ID

rls2040

Sep 25, 2013
These two artifacts are from Texas, one is a uniface scraper I am pretty sure but it looks like it was originally possibly a knife? The other one could also be a scraper,it also is uniface,has some work done on the back coming back down from the tip,stem is square and tapered with most all work to taper on back. From about inch from tip and half inch from stim,no work. Might be blank or preform? Any help on these would be greatly appreciated....Carl

image-1145838622.jpg

image-841910158.jpg

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Upvote 0
Welcome aboard. Sorry it took so long for you to get a reply.

The big one could be a pre form, or just a crude blade or chopper. The other looks like it has been worked nicely on the edges, and may possibley be a blade segment.

Thanks for your input and I agree with you ..The smaller one is worked so well with bevel side and reverse bevel on tip,I think it was probably a knife at one time but on it being a scraper it is perfect in your hand,thumb hits right in a perfect spot so it might just be a nice scraper. I am trying to name all my artifacts and organize them by geological periods and putting on back,name,ego period and where found so I want what I put to be correct,Thanks for your help,I really wanted another opinion...Carl

Welcome to the site! Its kinda slow around here on the weekends cause most are hunting for them or spending time with family. You got 2 nice artifacts rite there, rock

Thanks Rock,I watched Ken Burns documentary,again,called The West, The Native Americans were living in the Garden of Eden till we all showed up,powerful show,made me sad. I,have been working on family genealogy lately and on my dad's side one of my relatives married the last of the Pequot tribes chief,his father was the first Pequot chief to meet a white settler .When I say last chief I mean an organized tribe after him the settlers had changed things so much the tribe couldn't function like they had in the past and they may have had other chiefs but they were chiefs of nothing???Guess I am bored to have written so much,sorry,going out on the lake with my boat....Best Wishes, Carl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back